Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1886 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th November 2012, 02:23 PM   #18851
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hanke View Post
Hooray for Ray, once again! Presumably this means he can completely forget about the external PSU for the time being? Those Mundorf caps should be a nice little upgrade. With HDAM bypassed and op-amps changed, perhaps upgrading the filter caps to polystyrene or silver mica would be a next logical step?

Still lurking around here, and stepping in when in dire straits

The Mundorfs are ok for the opamp supply, they are a bit large physically though. I would suggest some more filter tweaking yes (with polystyrenes being my personal favorites), and of course a good clock! (Flea, Flea, Flea...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull041161 View Post
Hi thanks for help. I agree this player is a right mess i was thinking about getting another player and starting again doing the mods in order as thay should be done. Seems like the bloke who had this one as just chucked any big caps he find in the player wether bad quality or not. I will get the player tried now to make sure the caps i have changed work ok then i will get down to to reinstalling the origonal power supply
Ok, good luck with this, if you have any more questions just ask. By the looks of it, these two jumpers are all there's to it. I hope that reg near the DAC is still properly connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
Are you saying you have a single ended DC supply via the orange sockets on the back for the opamps? It should be a split supply like I advised. + rail, -rail and gnd!!!
No, the large caps are connected to the opamp supply, but the socket runs to the two 5V regs.

Ray
Old 28th November 2012, 02:46 PM   #18852
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

This is too painful!! PM me and send me just the main PCB along with the external psu and I'll tidy it up or at least advise whats worth keeping and sort for the cost of a few beers!!! You'd have probably been better off with a std one to start!!!
Old 28th November 2012, 03:40 PM   #18853
Puffin is offline Puffin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Are you saying you have a single ended DC supply via the orange sockets on the back for the opamps? It should be a split supply like I advised. + rail, -rail and gnd!!!
I think the white wire was soldered to the grd plane, but the PS was not a split rail?
Old 28th November 2012, 08:42 PM   #18854
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all the help everyone i have got it working and those mundorf and rubycon caps have made a fair imrovement
Old 28th November 2012, 08:56 PM   #18855
diyAudio Member

Nice one!! Have you managed to get the mundorfs on the board and are you still using the external PSU?
Old 28th November 2012, 09:05 PM   #18856
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Nice one!! Have you managed to get the mundorfs on the board and are you still using the external PSU?
Hi uv yes still useing external power supply got the mundorfs in and rubycons on opamps and its made a big improvement the bass sounds more fuller and natural image as improved aswell. Been offered a trichord clock and power supply at a good price should i go for it or make improvments in other areas first
Old 28th November 2012, 09:14 PM   #18857
diyAudio Member

I think those mundorfs should fit direct on the PCB in a 67?

Depends on how much the clock is and if its a clock 3 or a clock 4! Also what PSU is it and how much are you paying for it?
Old 28th November 2012, 09:52 PM   #18858
diyAudio Member

Default lol@ ian

Quote:
This is too painful!! PM me and send me just the main PCB along with the external psu and I'll tidy it up or at least advise whats worth keeping and sort for the cost of a few beers!!! You'd have probably been better off with a std one to start!!!
A few beers (man after my own heart) nice to see ray still lurking big family us cd 63 modders keep up the good work
cheers alan
Old 28th November 2012, 11:02 PM   #18859
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I think those mundorfs should fit direct on the PCB in a 67?

Depends on how much the clock is and if its a clock 3 or a clock 4! Also what PSU is it and how much are you paying for it?
Its a clock 4 with power supply £150
Old 28th November 2012, 11:26 PM   #18860
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull041161 View Post
Its a clock 4 with power supply £150
Is anyone using rhem sorbothane feet are thay any good are oak ones better

Hide this!Advertise here!