Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1885 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th November 2012, 09:38 PM   #18841
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
I'm a million miles away, unfortunately. I would have suggested we could have tried to sort it out together.
Thanks alot rob shame your not nearer
Old 27th November 2012, 10:05 PM   #18842
diyAudio Member

Default re posts

As suggested you should go to post one and have read,download a schematic and study it. we are all here to help,We all started with a hope we could make it better.
regards alan
Old 27th November 2012, 10:12 PM   #18843
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeral10 View Post
As suggested you should go to post one and have read,download a schematic and study it. we are all here to help,We all started with a hope we could make it better.
regards alan
Hi alan i have had a read its this stupid external power supply thats causing me problems at the moment i down loaded the wireing diagram from rays page but still dont really understand it all. Most of the upgrades were its just a matter of swoping components with better ones is fine
Old 27th November 2012, 10:21 PM   #18844
diyAudio Member

Can anyone tell from the pics i have posted what the external is powering and what would have to be done to reverse it. Or if anyone can see were the white wire as come from. I should say that the phono socket that should be fastened to the board was discanected by the person who added the external power supply. So could that be why it had the white wire connected to the ground plain on the board
Old 28th November 2012, 04:23 AM   #18845
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
Hey, I assumed it was powering the op-amps but it appears that it's not from your pic of the underside. Sorry about that. I'm only familiar with the CD63, so I can't say off the top of my head but it looks like it's providing DC to two 3-pin regulators.

I think the white wire was just soldered to the top screen.
Old 28th November 2012, 06:17 AM   #18846
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

Hi bull,

That's one messy player... Looks like that socket is powering Q811 and Q871, right? Those are the two regulators on the heatsinks, and they are 5V regs. You should remove the brown and blue wires and power them from the board as it originally was, by re-installing the wire jumpers that were removed.

I can see from your photo's that U268 is gone, near C813. This feeds Q811, just follow the copper trace on the board and you'll see it runs right to the point where the brown wire is connected.

It's difficult to see, but I think U264 is also gone. That one feeds Q871. If you re-install these two jumpers, it should be working again. Hope this helps :-)

Regards,

Ray
Old 28th November 2012, 06:42 AM   #18847
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
Hooray for Ray, once again! Presumably this means he can completely forget about the external PSU for the time being? Those Mundorf caps should be a nice little upgrade. With HDAM bypassed and op-amps changed, perhaps upgrading the filter caps to polystyrene or silver mica would be a next logical step?
Old 28th November 2012, 10:02 AM   #18848
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6h5c View Post
Hi bull,

That's one messy player... Looks like that socket is powering Q811 and Q871, right? Those are the two regulators on the heatsinks, and they are 5V regs. You should remove the brown and blue wires and power them from the board as it originally was, by re-installing the wire jumpers that were removed.

I can see from your photo's that U268 is gone, near C813. This feeds Q811, just follow the copper trace on the board and you'll see it runs right to the point where the brown wire is connected.

It's difficult to see, but I think U264 is also gone. That one feeds Q871. If you re-install these two jumpers, it should be working again. Hope this helps :-)

Regards,
Hi thanks for help. I agree this player is a right mess i was thinking about getting another player and starting again doing the mods in order as thay should be done. Seems like the bloke who had this one as just chucked any big caps he find in the player wether bad quality or not. I will get the player tried now to make sure the caps i have changed work ok then i will get down to to reinstalling the origonal power supply

Ray
Old 28th November 2012, 10:05 AM   #18849
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hanke View Post
Hooray for Ray, once again! Presumably this means he can completely forget about the external PSU for the time being? Those Mundorf caps should be a nice little upgrade. With HDAM bypassed and op-amps changed, perhaps upgrading the filter caps to polystyrene or silver mica would be a next logical step?
Hi ben i have 6 of the rubycons 470 uf left i might use them somewere on the board
Old 28th November 2012, 01:54 PM   #18850
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Are you saying you have a single ended DC supply via the orange sockets on the back for the opamps? It should be a split supply like I advised. + rail, -rail and gnd!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!