Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2012, 04:47 PM   #18761
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
Ian's post had UK links to Rubycon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
For analogue local decoupling you have Rubycon 470uF 16v
Buy Aluminium Capacitors Capacitor Al 105deg 470uF 16V 10x12.5 Rubycon 16ZLG470MEFC10X12.5 online from RS for next day delivery.

For digital local decoupling you have Nichicon solid polymer 330uF 6.3v
Buy Aluminium Capacitors Solid Al cap Radial NS series 6.3V 330uF Nichicon RNS0J331MDN1PH online from RS for next day delivery.

Large value FC in the servo - rail C814
SI on the servo + rail C813
SI on the audio rails C803 and C804
For post regulator on the audio you can stay with the Rubycon ZLH C805 and C806
For post 5v reg, I'd use a large value Rubycon ZL C815
Maybe https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/alumi...itors/7037245/
My post had a link to Hi-Fi Collective, which is UK. PCX has a range of shipping options so double check before you order though. 40% off Mundorf caps could be a fair chunk of cash if you're buying several. My player contains 7, and will soon have 12!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hanke View Post
You can get the Mundorf caps from Parts Connexion

22000uf / 25VDC, MLytic® Audio Grade MLSI (Snap-In) or MLPI (Plug-In) should do the trick.

The discontinued MLSI parts are 40% off at PcX at the moment so it's a very good time to buy from them. Not sure about shipping costs and tax to UK though, so you could also look at Hi-Fi Collective
Old 20th November 2012, 05:33 PM   #18762
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ian's post had UK links to Rubycon:

My post had a link to Hi-Fi Collective, which is UK. PCX has a range of shipping options so double check before you order though. 40% off Mundorf caps could be a fair chunk of cash if you're buying several. My player contains 7, and will soon have 12!
Thanks ben are thay the 22000uf 40v. Im mainly trying to get a smother more detailed top end at moment but i dont think the external power supply is helping matters
Old 20th November 2012, 05:40 PM   #18763
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull041161 View Post
Thanks ben are thay the 22000uf 40v. Im mainly trying to get a smother more detailed top end at moment but i dont think the external power supply is helping matters
Its ok ben found the 25v ones how many of these will my player need as im getting the rubycons for opamps got about £100 to spend what other caps should i be ordering and how many. Sorry for all questions
Old 20th November 2012, 06:22 PM   #18764
diyAudio Member

I'd start with 3 of them: 2 for the output stage smoothers and one for the 5v pre-reg position.
Old 20th November 2012, 06:39 PM   #18765
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'd start with 3 of them: 2 for the output stage smoothers and one for the 5v pre-reg position.
Ok ben thanks for the help looks like i will have to order the rubycons from rs as that place that sells the mundorf dont sell rubycons. Are the blackgates any good for the opamps
Old 20th November 2012, 06:50 PM   #18766
diyAudio Member

Black Gates are awesome for the op-amps, although it's a matter of taste which ones. I like the N series best there out of the ones I've tried, but others like the standard series. Good luck finding the genuine article for less than a couple of kidneys though. I'd go with the newer Rubycons if I were you.

Last edited by Ben Hanke; 20th November 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 20th November 2012, 07:15 PM   #18767
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Black Gates are awesome for the op-amps, although it's a matter of taste which ones. I like the N series best there out of the ones I've tried, but others like the standard series. Good luck finding the genuine article for less than a couple of kidneys though. I'd go with the newer Rubycons if I were you.
Ok ben thanks again will order the mundorfs and rubycons then. Then i will have to see if i can make a 12v power supply
Old 20th November 2012, 10:19 PM   #18768
diyAudio Member

Trying a pair lme 49720ha op amps see how they stand up against lm4662s first impression is good,Bit more live and grainey shall we say.
c3 next loads of fun.

alan
soldered them on dil sockets much improved mid range and whole sound of player .

Last edited by bikeral10; 20th November 2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: more info
Old 20th November 2012, 10:26 PM   #18769
mcd99uk is offline mcd99uk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I see people going for these metal can op amps. Do they really offer an improvement to the non metal can varieties? The only difference I can see is the shielding. Would this make an audible difference?

I know the only way to know is to buy both variants and try them but I don't want to spend the money as the HA are expensive. And I'd rather buy some decent caps or the like.
Old 20th November 2012, 10:30 PM   #18770
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd99uk View Post
I see people going for these metal can op amps. Do they really offer an improvement to the non metal can varieties? The only difference I can see is the shielding. Would this make an audible difference?

I know the only way to know is to buy both variants and try them but I don't want to spend the money as the HA are expensive. And I'd rather buy some decent caps or the like.
Hi have tried a few and i think the screened ha ones sound the best

Hide this!Advertise here!