Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1875 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2012, 07:05 PM   #18741
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
If you are getting the mundorfs they will be 25v but the Panasonic tsup's will be 16v.

I prefer the mundorfs but the tsup's are great value for money.

The caps after regs should not be FC's. I use a mix of BG and oscon sepc in my own player but favour Rubycon ZLG 470uF on analogue and Nichicon 330uF solid aluminium where budget is an issue. I also use large value Rubycon ZL or ZLH (1800uF) for the big cap after the main 5v reg.

There are arguments for smaller values for local decoupling, but interestingly, if you look at meridian kit, the prefer larger value local decoupling caps often using multiple 1000uf caps post reg with 470uf close to supply pins ( definately true in the 200 series equipment)
Were is best place to get the caps from found rubycons on ebay but cant find the mundorf. I messaged brent at his shop but had no reply
Old 14th November 2012, 07:29 PM   #18742
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
You can get the Mundorf caps from Parts Connexion

22000uf / 25VDC, MLytic® Audio Grade MLSI (Snap-In) or MLPI (Plug-In) should do the trick.

The discontinued MLSI parts are 40% off at PcX at the moment so it's a very good time to buy from them. Not sure about shipping costs and tax to UK though, so you could also look at Hi-Fi Collective

A word of warning: Be VERY WARY of buying rare or boutique parts on eBay. It's very easy for a crafty manufacturer to dress a cheap capacitor to look just like a Black Gate and make ridiculous amounts of money off them.

Last edited by Ben Hanke; 14th November 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 14th November 2012, 08:14 PM   #18743
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull041161 View Post
Were is best place to get the caps from found rubycons on ebay but cant find the mundorf. I messaged brent at his shop but had no reply
I believe you live in the UK and then try this:
amplifier valve kits, HIFI pre-amplifiers, speaker kits,AMP Parts, upgrade components

I have just ordered 4 X 22000uF 25V Mundorf and some other caps from this site.
Old 14th November 2012, 08:53 PM   #18744
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Never buy these sort of parts from eBay unless its an eBay outlet for a reputable parts dealer (there are not reputable parts dealers in HK!!!!!)

There really isn't any need!!!

Brent uses his own branded SI caps so he may be able to supply you with his 22,000uF Caps made by F&T who also make the SI caps for Mundorf! Most of mine are SI and either branded as Mundorf, Audio upgrades or Fidelity Audio.

For analogue local decoupling you have Rubycon 470uF 16v
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/alumin...itors/7037416/

For digital local decoupling you have Nichicon solid polymer 330uF 6.3v
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/alumin...itors/7149543/

Large value FC in the servo - rail C814
SI on the servo + rail C813
SI on the audio rails C803 and C804
For post regulator on the audio you can stay with the Rubycon ZLH C805 and C806
For post 5v reg, I'd use a large value Rubycon ZL C815
Maybe https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/alumi...itors/7037245/
Old 14th November 2012, 10:24 PM   #18745
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Never buy these sort of parts from eBay unless its an eBay outlet for a reputable parts dealer (there are not reputable parts dealers in HK!!!!!)

There really isn't any need!!!

Brent uses his own branded SI caps so he may be able to supply you with his 22,000uF Caps made by F&T who also make the SI caps for Mundorf! Most of mine are SI and either branded as Mundorf, Audio upgrades or Fidelity Audio.

For analogue local decoupling you have Rubycon 470uF 16v
Buy Aluminium Capacitors Capacitor Al 105deg 470uF 16V 10x12.5 Rubycon 16ZLG470MEFC10X12.5 online from RS for next day delivery.

For digital local decoupling you have Nichicon solid polymer 330uF 6.3v
Buy Aluminium Capacitors Solid Al cap Radial NS series 6.3V 330uF Nichicon RNS0J331MDN1PH online from RS for next day delivery.
Thanks every one about the dodgy components on ebay. I just hope the ha opamps i bought were origonal parts and not copies. Thay were from the uk
Large value FC in the servo - rail C814
SI on the servo + rail C813
SI on the audio rails C803 and C804
For post regulator on the audio you can stay with the Rubycon ZLH C805 and C806
For post 5v reg, I'd use a large value Rubycon ZL C815
Maybe https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/alumi...itors/7037245/
Old 15th November 2012, 07:45 AM   #18746
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Have you got a link to the advert for the HA opamps?
Old 15th November 2012, 02:24 PM   #18747
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi uv i cant find them in my ebay history as it was about 18 month since i bought them. Thay were not cheep though about £50 from what i can remember. And thay were from the uk
Old 15th November 2012, 02:30 PM   #18748
lymmlad is offline lymmlad  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I recently bought 2 @ LME49720HA op amps from Brent and they were a lot cheaper than £50. In fact both together were well under £50.
Old 15th November 2012, 04:23 PM   #18749
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
They're about £4 each at Newark/Element14. I'm not aware of any special designations that would make them worth 10X as much. I hope you didn't pay through the nose and get fakes to boot.
Old 15th November 2012, 05:30 PM   #18750
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hanke View Post
They're about £4 each at Newark/Element14. I'm not aware of any special designations that would make them worth 10X as much. I hope you didn't pay through the nose and get fakes to boot.
I bought a pair from the US eBay some time ago. Don't know it is fake or not but the SQ is OK to me:
LME49720HA Dual High Performance OpAmp Metal Case X2 | eBay

The only drawback is I have to wait for 1-2 weeks before they arrived from the US

Hide this!Advertise here!