Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1800 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2012, 08:54 PM   #17991
Puffin is offline Puffin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Will do.
Old 20th February 2012, 09:37 PM   #17992
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
Quote:
Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
Do you think you have created an earth loop with one of your PSU's?
Yes Ian, that sounds highly plausible
Old 20th February 2012, 09:46 PM   #17993
diyAudio Member

must agree clocking the dac and servo made great gains for me imho
alan
Old 21st February 2012, 11:37 AM   #17994
diyAudio Member

Ever so slightly diagaonaly off topic but in the CD genre.......what do you guy love to listen to in the way of really well recorded CD's as I find they're quite hard to find.

I absolutely love listening to "Upstairs at Erics" by Yazoo as it sounds phenominal on my system.

Regards
Tom
Old 21st February 2012, 11:57 AM   #17995
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Thats because it was produced in the 80's before the deaf spotty idiots got involved in music production. Funny I listened to that album on FLAC over the weekend as well as You and Me Both.

Back in the day where it was a requirement to have "ears" and actually look at the VU meter deflection when recording, many lower volume recordings had this thing called "dynamics". Music sounds better with "dynamics" as it allows for example a bass drum to thump instead of just make a dull noise at the same volume as the rest of the drull noise.

Funny cos I dont really have any favourite recordings after about 1990! I guess thats when it was decreeed that music had to be louder and therefore compressed to death to fit in the avialable bandwidth. Very strange that cos I always used to use a "volume control" if I wanted to turn the music up. I always found this a more than acceptable way of making the music louder whilst retaining the pleasing "dynamics" of the recording.

There is a raft of good music produced in the last 20 years that has been recorded in excellent quality then mastered to shound like sh1te and palmed of on the deaf listeners......its a crime!

Breathe out............. & step off the soapbox!!!
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:33 AM   #17996
Puffin is offline Puffin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Update. The Marantz codes suggested by a universal remote I have do not work (7008, 7018 and 7021). I have an old RC from a Philips CD610 MkII. This did not work with the 63 either. Checking it with a camera found that it was duff! As it had not been used for years, a battery had leaked and corroded the connector. Took it apart (had to use a hacksaw around the edges) cleaned it all up and re-soldered the connector.......nothing. Then did some continuity testing and one of the fine tracks to the main chip must have broken somewhere. Soldered in a link and Bingo!

Tried it with the 63 and it works. It is an RD5860. I have tried to find info about the codes used, but without any luck. Does anyone know where to find them? The sites I have visited seem to suggest that Marantz and Philips CD players have a 3 digit code? The Universal I have only comes up with 4 digit codes?
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:13 PM   #17997
diyAudio Member

Any marantz or philips from that era will work fine. They are RC4 codes.

Try Marantz CD50,CD52,CD63 or philips CD850, CD960, Meridian 206/7, arcam alpha one.....there are loads and they are all the same!!!
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:06 PM   #17998
diyAudio Member

I have a CD63 MK2 KI SIG on my bench. It is being repaired prior to the Wigwam show. All I need is the anolog phono output socket assembly. Bought a couple from CPC...............dont bloody fit!!!
Does anyone have a pair of these? Or can you tell me where to get them in the UK? I have been on a couple of sites.....................almost £11......dear God.
Speed is of the essence here as this will be the main CD Player for the day.
Thanks in advance.
S
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:23 PM   #17999
diyAudio Member

just use a couple of chassis mounted sockets from Maplins mounted on the rear panel with wires down onto the PCB. You've got a PM!
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:25 PM   #18000
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartwen View Post
I have a CD63 MK2 KI SIG on my bench. It is being repaired prior to the Wigwam show. All I need is the anolog phono output socket assembly. Bought a couple from CPC...............dont bloody fit!!!
Does anyone have a pair of these? Or can you tell me where to get them in the UK? I have been on a couple of sites.....................almost £11......dear God.
Speed is of the essence here as this will be the main CD Player for the day.
Thanks in advance.
S
hiya,
Do you need the analogue phonos i replaced a couple in players the other day for cnc billet ones?
alan

Hide this!Advertise here!