Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1745 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2011, 05:53 PM   #17441
diyAudio Member

Whoops sorry. I should have counted the transistors

Brent
Old 17th September 2011, 06:10 PM   #17442
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvnharr View Post
Hello,
I thought I recognized my board. It's a cfp board, btw. I use it in one of my 8260 players, nearly identical to the 8400. The filter resistors are 2k87. I got them direct from Texas Components. They will make any value resistor that you like, and send them anywhere you live. The resistors I got were just under $7 each.
BTW, the next version of the board looks a bit different, though the filter section is the same.
How many did you order? It's something i'd like to do. Any additional info would be much appreciated ;-)
Old 18th September 2011, 05:29 AM   #17443
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
After dragging the kids to the electronics shop on the other side of town today to get the regs to do my driver ICs, I've just finished taking the player to bits and discovered that I've managed to buy 7808s instead of 7908s :-/
Old 18th September 2011, 10:03 AM   #17444
diyAudio Member

I worked on my 5v supply instead. I've got the 4 regs going on the DAC supply now, and have nearly finished building 8 more for use elsewhere. It's sounding great! :-)
Old 18th September 2011, 03:20 PM   #17445
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
How many did you order? It's something i'd like to do. Any additional info would be much appreciated ;-)
I no longer have any boards for sale, but Ray has newly designed DOS boards for sale.
Old 18th September 2011, 03:30 PM   #17446
diyAudio Member

Hi, I was referring to the resistors rather than the board ( I have a couple of Rays boards). Did you just mail them and was there a minimum order quantity etc? Thanks ;-)
Old 19th September 2011, 09:15 AM   #17447
diyAudio Member

I've got three of Martin's LM317 regs driving the decoder chip now, adding to the four on the DAC. I cut trace by the decoder so I could add an extra capacitor for digital supply 1. All analogue supplies are decoupled by Black Gate FK and all digital by Black Gate NX.
Click the image to open in full size.
This went very smoothly, except the disc keeps spinning slowly after the player has stopped now for some reason... I've invented perpetual motion! It's amazing what these players can do :-b
Old 19th September 2011, 09:38 AM   #17448
diyAudio Member

Looking good!

where are you getting all your Black Gates from Ben?
Old 19th September 2011, 09:42 AM   #17449
diyAudio Member

Thanks! I got all my Black Gates from Michael Percy in the States, except the big FK smoothers in my amp which I got from a private Audiogon sale.

I've been interested in modding my hi-fi for years, initially after following Brent's PM66KI mods. It was the drying up of BG supply that spurred me into action, so I got all I needed just in time.
Old 19th September 2011, 10:39 AM   #17450
nad is offline nad  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hanke View Post
I've got three of Martin's LM317 regs driving the decoder chip now, adding to the four on the DAC. I cut trace by the decoder so I could add an extra capacitor for digital supply 1. All analogue supplies are decoupled by Black Gate FK and all digital by Black Gate NX.
This went very smoothly, except the disc keeps spinning slowly after the player has stopped now for some reason... I've invented perpetual motion! It's amazing what these players can do :-b
Ben, cool

Not a 63 but there's 8 317 jobbies in my old mule, oh and a flea.... and a few psu's.... and some blue tack.

Shiny:

Layout:

Last edited by nad; 19th September 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!