Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2009, 11:36 AM   #13531
grofus is offline grofus  England
diyAudio Member

Default No Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6h5c View Post
Hi Steve,

You can check if the negative display voltage is present at Q851. It should have about -24V at the output.

Ray
Ray,
Measured voltage at Q851 was -0.61v. I'm guessing a broken track or dry joint around the diodes. I measured voltage across the diodes and got no reading on a couple.
Steve
Old 17th November 2009, 10:45 PM   #13532
diyAudio Member

Default Steve

Hi,

Can anyone help please! Just replaced a pair of op amps and wired in a shielded power cable and put everything back together. Now my player spins a disc but does not recognise a disc.

Help please,

Steve
Old 17th November 2009, 11:36 PM   #13533
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Malefoda
I say gently replace well the small ribbon cable from mech to main PCB. Hope for you it's only that
Old 18th November 2009, 06:18 AM   #13534
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grofus View Post
Ray,
Measured voltage at Q851 was -0.61v. I'm guessing a broken track or dry joint around the diodes. I measured voltage across the diodes and got no reading on a couple.
Steve
Hi Steve,

Hope it's a small problem. You should sort out the negative input voltage to Q851 first. The problem with these boards is, they sit in the player untouched for years, and after tweaking the trouble starts...

Ray
Old 18th November 2009, 11:35 AM   #13535
grofus is offline grofus  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6h5c View Post
Hi Steve,

Hope it's a small problem. You should sort out the negative input voltage to Q851 first. The problem with these boards is, they sit in the player untouched for years, and after tweaking the trouble starts...

Ray
Right, got -17.5v at Q851. Broken tracks. But still no display. To be honest, although i'm learning fast, I think it's beyond me. Seemed to have hit a brick wall. For some reason, no voltage across D814, and both DN03/04. Any ideas! cheers, Steve
Old 18th November 2009, 11:17 PM   #13536
diyAudio Member

Default Steve

Hi all,

just got error 10 in service mode (radial), not sure what this means. Can anyone offer any ideas? Could it be related to swapping opamps.

thanks

Steve
Old 19th November 2009, 04:40 AM   #13537
flyboi is offline flyboi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to flyboi
Hi guys!

I've done the bessel filter mod as per the modded list. I've come across the Mauro Penasa's filter tweak. If I add the Mauro's tweak, will it upset the bessel filter frequency curve? Or is it another must do list?

Eddy.
Old 19th November 2009, 08:00 AM   #13538
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevief198 View Post
Hi all,

just got error 10 in service mode (radial), not sure what this means. Can anyone offer any ideas? Could it be related to swapping opamps.

thanks

Steve
Error 10 is a radial error. Nothing to do with output. The output should never have any baring on the service mode codes as it is an independant circuit from the servo, decoder, dac & cpu data loop.

Brent
Old 19th November 2009, 10:29 AM   #13539
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevief198 View Post
Hi all,

thanks

Steve
You'll probably have disturbed one of the two ribbon cables or a 5V rail. Measure for +5V at each chip (servo, decoder, DAC) and lightly fettle the ribbon from the transport to the main pcb whilst the player's on and see if you can get a response. To check the front ribbon - unplug it and turn the player on - it should read and play the disc, only with no display or controls.

Simon
Old 19th November 2009, 11:20 AM   #13540
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

The ribbon from the mech to the main pcb is very fragile and once gave me error 10 also.

Hide this!Advertise here!