Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1352 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2009, 11:38 AM   #13511
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

If you reed a bit further in the datasheet (AD8510), some values for the snubber network are given. It depends on the capacitance of the interlink and input capacity of the next stage. But 500pF is a lot, I don't think any interlink has that much capacity. My Nordost has only 8.9pF/feet (which is quite low). A series resistor also reduces ringing, I never tried a snubber, maybe that works even better. I'd say try it, and see how it sounds

Ray
Old 15th November 2009, 11:47 AM   #13512
diyAudio Member

Ray, you mean resistor between output of the opamp and RCA or between ground and RCA?

Was about to replace the standard opamps in my cd63se today for a lm4562. Thought it was a matter of plugging it in and bypassing HDAM. Now it seems a bit more to it...

Last edited by studiostevus; 15th November 2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 15th November 2009, 02:02 PM   #13513
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

I mean between the opamp and the output sockets, about 47 ohm is often used. Although it is not a bad idea to insert a resistor between the output and ground too, to prevent an open output in case the player is not connected to anything. These are already present in the player, R655 and R656, 10k. I usually raise them to 100k.

Ray
Old 15th November 2009, 03:34 PM   #13514
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Hi Ray

I need to place a dos in a DENON DCD3300....

It is an old player built like a tank and surelly worth the work.

My first issue is related with some errors I am getting while trying to read discs... it does not read them all and most of the times, when reading, it produces a scratching noise (directly related with the CD spin speed).

Can you please tell me if I should replace the lens and if after that I could install the dos ?

Ricardo

PS: Sorry for the off topic
Old 15th November 2009, 03:57 PM   #13515
Thomo is offline Thomo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

DENON DCD3300, PCM56 dac Ricardo. Very nice indeed!

I expect you'll need more gain from the dos, unless it has higher output than the TDA1541. You may also be better with a transistor version as opposed to fet as they're reputed to be better for current/voltage conversion, although I didn't try this.

Lee.

Lee.
Old 15th November 2009, 04:29 PM   #13516
Glenn2 is offline Glenn2  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Yes a DOS is probably not what you need. It's for balanced voltage output DACs.
This DAC has unbalanced current output and an internal I/V op-amp for unbalanced voltage output too.

The player may of course have two per channel for differential signals, I don't know.

If you use the internal I/V op-amps for v-out, and there are two per channel giving balanced voltage, you can use the DOS. (You could use it for unbalanced too but there wouldn't be much point.)

Maximum performance would be to use the current outputs and a discrete I/V stage.

But remember the DOS does not perform I/V conversion.
Old 15th November 2009, 04:45 PM   #13517
diyAudio Member

How can I determine if it has two opamps per channel ? (I can see 3 x NE5532P on each channel and it has balanced outputs)
Old 15th November 2009, 04:57 PM   #13518
diyAudio Member

Ray, I connected everything. I now have one of the original 100ohm resistors between the the hdam-bypass and the RCA's. Volume is pretty low now, for my understanding, what are the other side-effects from having this 100ohm instead of your recommended 47ohm?

(didn't have a 47ohm here, just a 40 or 100)
Old 15th November 2009, 05:21 PM   #13519
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomo View Post
DENON DCD3300, PCM56 dac Ricardo. Very nice indeed!
Hi lee

I agree that it looks quite cool but I am having trouble with the lazer... can you help me find a replacement ?
Old 15th November 2009, 05:37 PM   #13520
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Malefoda
Lee,
I would be very happy if you can tell me how you spiced your TDA1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2 View Post
Yes a DOS is probably not what you need. It's for balanced voltage output DACs.
This DAC has unbalanced current output and an internal I/V op-amp for unbalanced voltage output too.

The player may of course have two per channel for differential signals, I don't know.

If you use the internal I/V op-amps for v-out, and there are two per channel giving balanced voltage, you can use the DOS. (You could use it for unbalanced too but there wouldn't be much point.)

Maximum performance would be to use the current outputs and a discrete I/V stage.

But remember the DOS does not perform I/V conversion.
How do you know if it's balanced or not? I think it is as it looks symetrical...
Right now I plan on using an extrenal single opamps like top Analog Device or National Semi to do the work of the internal ones and the DOS it.

Again, I'm begging all you even if have different points of view (that makes us more rich!) on my Philips CD951 A DAC7 (TDA1547) vs TDA1541A R1 vs SM5872 story ! Promise I won't do (too soon...) commercial break for my church again

Ricardo why not a new thread! That may be exciting =)
Attached Images
File Type: png Image-1.png (26.1 KB, 129 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!