Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1244 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th June 2009, 09:56 AM   #12431
diyAudio Member

I think the Audiocom clocks are good just not £200+ good!! halving that price would be more realistic.

I have still to hear a player with the Ultra clock @ £400!!!

Brent
Old 5th June 2009, 10:02 AM   #12432
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

They work better than the original crystal, that's for sure, but that's not very hard

What kind of oscillator do you use Brent?

Ray
Old 5th June 2009, 10:15 AM   #12433
diyAudio Member

It's a 3.3V GXO-7531 range @ 5ppm from Golledge in the UK.
I tested loads and found these offered the best performance.

Brent
Old 5th June 2009, 10:23 AM   #12434
diyAudio Member

I was already looking for the C-Mac part that's shown on the photo...
Old 5th June 2009, 10:23 AM   #12435
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Allen Wright
Brent,
OK on your new clock, but would you like to try something rather different - our new TerraFirma Clock - for comparison?

http://www.vacuumstate.com/fileuploa...Feb_2009_1.pdf

Happy to lend you one for trials.

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State)
Allen

I just re read your post and relised you said you would lend the clock unit. I am of course interested in testing this product. It intrigues me.

Ray - when I get a larger stock of the C2 I will lend you one to test if you like.

Brent
Old 5th June 2009, 10:29 AM   #12436
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rowemeister
Ray - when I get a larger stock of the C2 I will lend you one to test if you like.

Brent
That would be cool Brent, me like very much!

When I like it a lot, I will purchase it from you . Next to listening to it, I will put it to the test at work if you don't mind, to extract some hard numbers .

Ray
Old 5th June 2009, 11:08 AM   #12437
R.I.P.

Brent,
>>What are the draw backs with the distance the clock signal has to travel.<<

None, as the output of the clock is a correctly matched/terminated 75 ohm source, the connecting cable is a correct 75 ohm impedance coax, and it's terminated in the player with 75 ohms.

This makes it a ideal transmission line, with zero reflections and almost zero losses. The open circuit output signal level of the TerraFirma UberClock is twice as high as you would expect, as 50% is lost in the matching/terminating, so the required signal level appears at the end of the terminated coax inside your player.

But if you are nervous about that, I can also send you a TerraFirma "Lite" which is intended for internal mounting, and doesn't have the 75 ohm driving capability.

What frequency would you need, and what output signal voltage?

Regards, Allen

www.vacuumstate.com
Old 9th June 2009, 04:57 PM   #12438
diyAudio Member

Default Burson Audio discrete Dual opamp V2

Quote:
Originally posted by mickie
...so i got some Burson op-amps and installed them in my 67 - and ran into trouble. My LT1085 / 1033 - regs are getting extremely hot now and even with small heatsinks i can barely touch them. The interior of the player gets also heated up ; ; the only way to get the whole thing going is with the lid open....
Has anyone any idea what went wrong? Are these Bursons drawing that much current? They are getting pretty warm as well.
Sound is also pretty much disappointing, no match for the LME49720HA so far; the Bursons sound shut in, midrange kind of veiled, edgy treble, compressed dynamics. Help...help....

Best regards,
Mickie
So,

I ordered the Bursons Audio discrete Dual opamp V2 and a pair of LM4562NA from audioupgrades.co.uk now. I must test this OPs.
For the moment the LME49720 runs in my 63er.

I hope Mickies problems with this Bursons are eliminated? (see above)
Knows that someone? I have no mail address from Mickie.

Baraccuda
Old 9th June 2009, 05:56 PM   #12439
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SimontY
It could just be his system and personal preference. The Bursons sound great to most people.

Simon
Old 9th June 2009, 10:26 PM   #12440
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Indeed they do, those bursons are great! Something doesn't sound right if its cooking the regs! Is it oscillating out of control maybe? Are there any filter stages on the input?

I've just ordered another dual to sepereate and replace the BB604's (single on L & R ) in my Restek. They should be here tomorrow.

I do however agree that those LME49720HA are bloody awesome for opamps. In my Restek, I have now replaced the BB2604's (3 of them) with these opamps (well 2 tin hats and 1 normal until some more arrive!). The soundstage and accuracy is unbelieveable. Decoupled with ZA's i'd almost describe the sound as too accurate! I've fitted them on sockets for testing but i'll solder them in when I fit the bursons to replace the singles tomorrow. I did some swapping about and the HA's are so, so detailed. I have to say that i'f prefer them all to be Burson but 1 step at a time, 4 Bursons in 1 go, I don't think so!

I also ordred a C2 for my other player. Everything I've heard so far leads me to believe it gonna be awesome. Although its obviously going into my other player, I'll report my findings back here as well!

Come on the postie!!!

Ian

Hide this!Advertise here!