Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1151 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2009, 07:39 PM   #11501
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rowemeister
Hehe

Not literally I hope

Well, i must admit I am a bit worried... as everytime I need to do something in the CDP ... But I am getting much better now
Old 7th January 2009, 04:30 PM   #11502
bigerik is offline bigerik  Canada
diyAudio Member

Has anyone made a Cliffs Notes version of this thread? Reading well over 400 pages is a pretty big commitment!

BTW, was the KI ever sold in North America? Been looking for one for a while and have found none on this side of the pond.
Old 7th January 2009, 06:23 PM   #11503
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Just aks for a subject and maybe some of us can help....
But the better way is to keep reading. I have not been able to read it all... (the truth is, in the beguining I had some difficulty grasping some subjects.... Thanks to the wonderfull team, now I am happy to say I know the language )

Ricardo

PS... And I own one of the best CD53 in the world...!!!
Old 7th January 2009, 08:46 PM   #11504
e1roy is offline e1roy  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi all

could someone please supply me the schematics to build the Regs for:

LM337 -12v
LM317 +12v
LM317 +5v

Thanks
Old 8th January 2009, 05:08 PM   #11505
avr300 is offline avr300  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by e1roy
Hi all

could someone please supply me the schematics to build the Regs for:

LM337 -12v
LM317 +12v
LM317 +5v

Thanks
You could start around here.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...38#post1099238
Old 9th January 2009, 04:51 AM   #11506
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RCruz
[B]Just aks for a subject and maybe some of us can help....
But the better way is to keep reading. I have not been able to read it all... (the truth is, in the beguining I had some difficulty grasping some subjects.... Thanks to the wonderfull team, now I am happy to say I know the language )

Ricardo

PS... And I own one of the best CD53 in the world...!!!
Well, early in I found this list of to do's. Is it still a pretty good way to go about it?

1) Output caps bypassed - little bit more open sound and much better bass (and remove muting transistors)
2) Op amps - fit something like a OPA2134 first, you wont beleive the difference. You can at a later date change for 627 on browndogs etc to push the sound further.
3) Clock - I have that Audiocom clock from ebay - bargain. Dont worry about making a dedicated supply just yet unless you are confident.
4) HDAM bypass - a must do mod once the op amps are changed. 5) change all the resistors around the opamps to 0.1%tol types and all the blue se caps to silver mica.
6) Work on a way of seperating all the 5V rails to the DAC and the Decoder. You have Analogue 5v , digital 5v and clock ref 5V to these. Even using 3x cheap 7805 will give benefits (trust me I have tried it) Here is the extensive reg pcb work I have done http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...0&pagenumber=37 Dropping in a few good caps like Black Gates will help too.
7) You will need a seperate +12V supply for the clock. That reg package is very good from audiocom on ebay. I would buy them to suit what you are going to do though. The package they have is to replace the 2 12V regs and one 5V reg. If you are going to make seperate regs circuits for dac etc these wont be needed in these places.
Old 9th January 2009, 07:31 AM   #11507
diyAudio Member

1) Also for the opamp we have been trying the LME49720HA (LM4562HA) and it is much better than the standard LM4562NA. More dynamic, smoother mids and a better treble. They have the character of a DOS circuit.

7) And all other good reg retailers

Brent
Old 9th January 2009, 09:41 PM   #11508
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rowemeister
1) Also for the opamp we have been trying the LME49720HA (LM4562HA) and it is much better than the standard LM4562NA. More dynamic, smoother mids and a better treble. They have the character of a DOS circuit.

7) And all other good reg retailers

Brent

Thanks for the clarification, Brent?
Do you still recommend doing them in the order listed?
Thanks
Erik
Old 9th January 2009, 09:51 PM   #11509
Thomo is offline Thomo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Just a quick 'un, to say that I heard those LM4562HA's and was very surprised by the difference over the standard 4562's.

A much more pleasant and cohesive sound. Noticeable improvements in the treble and bass in particular, with more air around the instruments.

Cheers, Lee.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:45 PM   #11510
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Quote:
Originally posted by Thomo
Just a quick 'un, to say that I heard those LM4562HA's and was very surprised by the difference over the standard 4562's.

A much more pleasant and cohesive sound. Noticeable improvements in the treble and bass in particular, with more air around the instruments.

Cheers, Lee.
I noticed this: BASS!

(the bass dynamics are also the main improvement you hear on certain music with the "DOS")

Hide this!Advertise here!