Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

poynton said:

Or if you have removed the muting transistors [ of course you have ] NOTHING except increase the output impedance. They can be removed and shorted.

thanks guys.

Yes ofcourse I have removed the muting trannies :), yesterday I lowered the R659/660 to 22r to lower the output impedance and that's why R657/658 came in mind.

So by shortening these out I will lower the out put impedance even more

:)

Whoooooo

This servo clock is sooo goooood. The detail is amazing. I cant believe how good it sounds.

Its probably brought greater clarity and detail than the DAC clock.

I have done a few servo mods over the last month or two and I can honestly say the improvements have been some of the best.

Ill post some pics soon and will also do a full test over the weekend.

Brent

rowemeister said:
Whoooooo

This servo clock is sooo goooood. The detail is amazing. I cant believe how good it sounds.

I have done a few servo mods over the last month or two and I can honestly say the improvements have been some of the best.

Brent

Hi.

Where did you take the feed for the divider from?

Where did you feed it?

Andy

Here is a little pic. I will tidy up the cables etc but this is pretty much it.

Attachments

• clock divider_small.jpg
    clock divider_small.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 450
rowemeister said:
Whoooooo

Brent

Hey Brent,

Nice work!
Pity I don't have a separate servo in my 67 to try it :sad:
Remarkable improvement in sound. Probably the use of coax has something to do with that too.
It gets rid of a lot of radiated HF.

Regards,

Ray.

Ok I have installed my clock card and the power supply for it. I have to say that this was a major upgrade. The vocals came a live the bass tighter up nice sparkle to the highs. Things should even get better after there’s some burn in. Well next up is to replace the resistors and caps around the opamps then add regs for the +12/-12vdc.
Here are some pictures.

Regards
Dave

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Gooch said:
Ok I have installed my clock card and the power supply for it. I have to say that this was a major upgrade. The vocals came a live the bass tighter up nice sparkle to the highs. Things should even get better after there’s some burn in. Well next up is to replace the resistors and caps around the opamps then add regs for the +12/-12vdc.
Here are some pictures.

Regards
Dave

Nice work Dave.

That blue TX is the same as the Nuvotem ones I use ;)

Brent

Rein said:
Hi Simon,

What kind of feet do you suggest to replace the original ones. and the bitum, that is the kind you can buy in a carshop?

Rein.

Hi Rein,

What Andy suggests sounds like a good, cheap idea. I can only recommend what I've tried (and found very musical), which is Russ Andrews' Oak Cone Feet. These give a laid back sound with big bass and good imaging (compared to stock on an MDF rack).

Simon