Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Ready to mod, but overwhelmed

I've just bought a CD-67 MKII SE, aware of its quality and that it was possible to mod it. I have to confess I was not expecting a 2120-page long thread that starts in 2005 :eek:

Are the first couple of posts still good advice? Is there more current wisdom about modding the CD-67 (better components, more effective mods, etc.). I am experienced with basic electronics circuits, recapping, etc. So I don't shy away from modifying electronics. I'm also aware of Ray's website, the flea, etc.

Maybe it's time to distill the wisdom of these 2120 pages into the current state-of-the art mods for CD63 and CD67 suggested mods?

Thanks!

I have to confess I was not expecting a 2120-page long thread that starts in 2005 :eek:

Two days and no oldtimers chiming in?

Ok, for what it is worth;) :

- I read the whole thread some years ago when I got my CD-67, quite a memorable effort I would say...

- there are lots of things you can do but I would start from the analogue output stage (if that part of the player is "muddy" then you will hear no improvement of regulators, clocks, diodes, capacitors etc). I personally prefer the DOS output stage sound (attenuated to the level of my old school amplifiers) but even when staying with the opamps you shoud "roll" them - they do make a difference in sound. In any case, it is better to add dedicated RCA sockets on the back panel for the outputs you are using - and HDAM I would bypass.

I have to confess I was not expecting a 2120-page long thread that starts in 2005 :eek:
hmmm, x10 posts more :p
I've spent hundreds of hours listening on different mods ... i 've sold eight CD53/63/67 hard re-worked ... and done the same on Studer A730 and Tascam CDRW2000 . Worth the effort on these too ;)

regrounding and twin DAC (on the way)

Last edited: