Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

analog output not working

Hey Peter, it should be pretty self-explanatory. There are 4 connectors that must be unplugged from the main PCB before it can be removed:

- Ribbon to the display / input panel.
- Ribbon to the transport.
- Two wire connectors to transport.

All of them just unplug from the PCB. Is it one of these in particular that is causing you issues?

Hi Ben,
it is not the ribbon, nor are the wire connectors. it is the mechanical arm that connect to the tray of CD and the board itself. I can send you a picture when I get home if needed. or is there any pictures of this cd player I can refer to in this forum?
Thanks

Charas - are you using any special footwear on your player? Equipment like this - if perhaps less than your turntable - must be supported well to get the best from it. I found huge improvements to musicality from sitting my player on 3 wooden cones: less mud, less thump, better detail and timing. Actually some similar improvements to some of the aspects you may hear improved from reclocking the DAC and servo (crucial, don't compare to a turntable without doing this).

This is a problem I have been experiencing at home. I notice there is cleaner sound from my equipment late at night.
What do you use to clean up your mains power supply?

I used this balanced power supply which is really GOOD.
Conditioning Balanced power supply: CBS2000: 2000VA 230v to 230v CTE Three UK sockets

The sound becomes very clean and my TV is particularly sharp after using it. If your source is already very clean adding this transformer may not have GREAT improvement to the SQ of your hifi system.

I use this to test the cleanliness of my source:
http://www.amazon.ca/BELKIN-AP00002-Line-Noise-Detector/dp/B004EZBS2G

Charas - are you using any special footwear on your player? Equipment like this - if perhaps less than your turntable - must be supported well to get the best from it. I found huge improvements to musicality from sitting my player on 3 wooden cones: less mud, less thump, better detail and timing. Actually some similar improvements to some of the aspects you may hear improved from reclocking the DAC and servo (crucial, don't compare to a turntable without doing this).

Yes, sticking some vibration damping sheets to the casing internal will also make the sound clearer.

Hey guys,thanks for the suggestions...Simon i might try them 1 day too those magic pads.
Forgive me guys but i don't believe in mains conditioning and filters.I had A-B comparison in the past and i don't like them.
I have 2 cables come from the mains board from different lines 1 for analog's and 1 for digital sources.Analog goe's the amp's,pre-amp,tuner,phono and turntable.Digital, all my cd player's.
The only mains conditioner that i really like and did something + to sq without masking anything...was the Accuphase...but the price was 5000 euros...and out of my reach.
As for support,i have all players on a standesign 5 shelf rack and my floor is tiles...so no vibration go to it at least from the floor.
1 hour ago i got and buy a 2x1.5mm shield cable and change the marantz's own.I have no idea of the origin of this cable but the first hour is pure dissapoitment.Sound is dull and lifeless like a very big veil or curtin came and cover the player.What can i say?Isn't it suppose to saw some possitive things from beggining and during time opens up???

Hi Ben,
it is not the ribbon, nor are the wire connectors. it is the mechanical arm that connect to the tray of CD and the board itself. I can send you a picture when I get home if needed. or is there any pictures of this cd player I can refer to in this forum?
Thanks

What, the power button? I forgot about that. Just pop it off with a flat-head screwdriver once the PCB is unscrewed. It is a bit stiff to start off but gets looser over time. The switch sticks into the arm by about 1cm.

Thanks Highlander, the monster thread is just too deep.

Next question,

Any one know about how the CC 65 SE compares to
the 63 SE?

Yeah I know shame on me for not wanting to get up
and change CDs all the time.

Anyone know which boards are commom? Maybe to the 67 SE?

Found it in the service mode,
the CC 65 is essentially a CD63 with a changer.

Haven't pulled it apart yet to verify I'm working on a separate
external DAC, Joe Curcio' CD12-V.