Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

The layout is very simple, it's almost point-to-point. I mounted the LM317 with it's front towards the PCB, so the pinning matches better. Here's another pic of the other side of the boards.

Ray.

Attachments

• lm317_reg2.jpg
    lm317_reg2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 513
6h5c said:

Yeah, the are not that bad :D
But I want to try the Tentlabs shunt regulators in the near future, see if that changes things even more positive.

After my output-stage fever has cooled down i'm going to take a look at the ground plane/star point stuff.

Ray.

old day's of floating earth amps haunts me:rolleyes:

ALW did some stuff with the 317/337's within psu's
the output is referenced to grd
any noise on grd will affect the output

My Tent reg used 317 instead od 7808
separated clean grd for reg grd was better

allan

awpagan said:
ALW did some stuff with the 317/337's within psu's
the output is referenced to grd
any noise on grd will affect the output

My Tent reg used 317 instead od 7808
separated clean grd for reg grd was better

allan

Hi Allan,

You mean this one? Made a nice PDF of it. Maybe i'm going to use this for separate regs for the DAC and decoder, instead of the PSU series inductors I use now. Very easy replacement.

Ray.

Attachments

• alw_lm317.pdf
    87.2 KB · Views: 240
6h5c said:
The layout is very simple, it's almost point-to-point. I mounted the LM317 with it's front towards the PCB, so the pinning matches better. Here's another pic of the other side of the boards.

Ray.

needs name

Not quite super reg but better?:clown:

we need the comparison to the tube and tranistor.

new thead name?
Ray's 101 things to do with the DAMH circuit.:clown:

I will try the solen's MKP's on the weekend as i have some sitting around:D

allan

Hey

I recieved my dead player this morning from mr courier man, and within 30mins i had it up and running again. The seller from ebay gave it to me with myself only paying the postage,so it cost me 12 quid.

And the problem. The 5V 7805 reg had died :( But i got a delivery of 10 new 7805's from maplins yesterday :D :D :D
The transport is broken, but i think it just needs a good clean and removal of the grease from the mechanism runners, but thankfully my old transport is good.

I have started putting my old mods in at the moment, and have wacked in the schottky diodes and caps in the PSU area. Il put in the new clock and op-amps later on, and will give it a good listen.

il get some pics up too.

adam