Where can I find NPC digital filter chip "SM5843A"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

aht

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
After I succesfull to built SDS TUBEDAC with CS8414+SM5843A+PCM63P+6DJ8 SRPP there are a lot of my friends like this SDS TUBEDAC but I can't find SM5843A enought for many people (4-5) and I can't contact designer of this SDS TUBEDAC (Sheldon Stroke)

I'll change PCM63P to PCM63PK how difference both P & PK ?

I'll change 6DJ8 SRPP to 12AX7 SRPP how difference both 6DJ8 & 12AX7 for this schematic ?

If I want to use SM5842 (or SM5847 from tentlabs) instead SM5843A how do I convert pins ?

There is some missing design on SDS TUBEDAC PCB if any body want to know can email me ,too (My attached file look like original design I received it from my chinese friend. He modofied SDS TUBEDAC to his procucts)

Thank you DIYAUDIO for sharing our experience :)

Attachments

• sds tubedac.jpg
    sds tubedac.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 306
Sm584x

Hi AHT

It is good to see that those SM5843 chips you bought from me worked out well for you.

If you need more for your friends - I still have 8 left.

If you are looking for SM5482APT - well, I have 2 of those.

Send me an email like before.

aht

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Cool !!! Hundreds

Great !!! CCpoon have hundreds and you also have hundreds :)

OK.Do you remember my friend (Miss. Jarumon from Thailand) she ever ordered your 2*SM5843A please contact her for details to send all chips (8*SM5843A) price & shipping to Thailand (email to her for net price)

Thank you very much :)

Attachments

• galaxy6_001.jpg
    galaxy6_001.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 219

aht

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hard to explain...(when compare with assemblage2.6)

After I succes to built I use it compare with sonicfrontier assebblage2.6(PCM1704K)?!? it same same in sound stage (I think SDS get more air because it use 6DJ8 onoutput) now I want to change 6DJ8 to 12AX7 for increase dynamic & accent.

If you have any free time I suggest you to build this DAC :smash:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,
I wouldn't use the 12AX7 as an SRPP in this application as the output impedance will be extremely high - on the order of 11K, making the output very sensitive to cable capacitance amongst other things. Gain will also be more than twice that of the 6DJ8, which may or may not be an issue.

I would look at the ECC99 (JJ) or the 5687 running at about 10mA in SRPP configuration or the 5842/417A common cathode with choke load (30H) or resistive loading (~10K) at 20mA. These should both give you better sound than the 6DJ8 and low output Z.

The 6SL7 sounds good as an SRPP at 2mA as well, but Zout is quite high unfortunately.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.