HK Signature 2.0 schematic ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I just bought a used Harman Kardon 2.0.

As I'm not quite satisfied with the sound of it I'd like to do some modifications.

I hope to change the front channel DAC to a better type (I do know that an all-in-one codec is used from factory), and I'd change the most vital opamps from the horrible TL072 to a better sounding type.

Thus I need a schematic!

Can anybody help me here? I have searched the web but I can't find anything at all...

Thanks a lot in advance,

Rasmus

thanks K-amps, got it! Hopefully we can figure out how to tweak this thing to it's full potential.

Has anyone looked into the firmware upgrade from rjpc.com? Apparently it improves the bass management. Supposedly, the guy behind it, Bob Popham was one of the original engineers of this piece, and he's been providing some aftermarket support.

bzo said:
thanks K-amps, got it! Hopefully we can figure out how to tweak this thing to it's full potential.

Has anyone looked into the firmware upgrade from rjpc.com? Apparently it improves the bass management. Supposedly, the guy behind it, Bob Popham was one of the original engineers of this piece, and he's been providing some aftermarket support.

If he ever replies to the email on that website, let me know.....

Think of it, this pre-amp processor sold for $2500 in 1998 !!

yeah, I tried emailing a while ago and never got a response. I think there is a phone # on the site if someone can try if they're really interested.

I'd be unsatisfied with the performance for $2500, but for the $350 I paid for it, I can live with it ;) .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.