GB of PCB's for USB->SPDIF converter at head-fi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ooh, neat... however, I just sent out some gerbers for this little USB->optical board about half an hour ago. :D

I'll post the eagle files if anyone wants them. The picture was done in Eagle3D, which is one of the handiest programs ever created...

Attachments

• usbtospdif.jpg
    usbtospdif.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,066
Here's the eagle files (usbspdif.brd, usbspdif.sch) and "mine.lbr", which contains a few custom parts used in the design.

Some parts notes:

- USB connector is a Molex 67068.
- optical transmitter is a TOTX179P... make sure you get the P part, or it won't fit in the PCB.
- C7/C8 are 0603-case, NP0 dielectric.
- C5/C6/C9 are 0805-case, 10uF, 6.3V X5R ceramics.
- All other capacitors are 1uF, 0603, 6.3V X5R's.

You can get everything from Digi-key.

I ordered ten of these PCBs; they occupied the remaining space on a larger board which I ordered. I'll probably use 3 or 4, so I might mail out the remainder to people if anyone's interested.

edit: and no flames over using an optical interface instead of coaxial. ;)

Attachments

• usbspdif.zip
    29 KB · Views: 270
gmarsh said:
Here's the eagle files (usbspdif.brd, usbspdif.sch) and "mine.lbr", which contains a few custom parts used in the design.

Some parts notes:

- USB connector is a Molex 67068.
- optical transmitter is a TOTX179P... make sure you get the P part, or it won't fit in the PCB.
- C7/C8 are 0603-case, NP0 dielectric.
- C5/C6/C9 are 0805-case, 10uF, 6.3V X5R ceramics.
- All other capacitors are 1uF, 0603, 6.3V X5R's.

You can get everything from Digi-key.

I ordered ten of these PCBs; they occupied the remaining space on a larger board which I ordered. I'll probably use 3 or 4, so I might mail out the remainder to people if anyone's interested.

edit: and no flames over using an optical interface instead of coaxial. ;)

Are you offering to send me one free : O )
:D

My boards are sold out... oversold in fact - I got hammered with Paypal payments today and ended up unwillingly selling two extras.

Seeing how the demand for these boards is pretty much obscene, I might make an extra order with Olimex and get a few extra made if anyone's interested. Maybe even make a mixture of coax and Toslink boards... Only thing is, the price won't be $1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.