Marantz CD17 MKIII mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Seeking help to those who have experience to mod this model.

I'm planning to start with changing the caps ( PSU, Analog and digital ). Put some bypass caps and change the diodes. Which cap replaced would yield good results ??? Change with what type/brand of capacitor.

Upgrade the clock ...... Have seen pictures/schematics of other marantz players like CD63, CD4000 and CD6000 but but i cant find schematics of this model specially on the clock module. The parts mentioned on these players are totally different to the markings of my CD17 MKIII. Since the caps/resistors are SMD .... I'm not sure which 2 caps and resistor to remove . The crystal oscillator of this model is also SMD , unlike the normal 2 pins..... how should i go about it ?? Another thing .... desoldering the crystal might damage/hurt it ... any tip to share ??

Would appreciate anybody could give informations on my queries.

cheers,
jomar:cool:

Here are the pictures

Ruach,

Here are the pictures . All the caps are ELNA Silmic.

Would apprecaite if you could help me identify the caps/resistor to be removed in th clock module for XO clock upgrade.

Thanks,
jomar

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.