Micromega Stage 2 (1?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to All,

I do need to share with You all Micromega ovners this great modification i did to my Micromega Stage 2 CD player.

Inside there is located 4 pcs NE5534 op-amps in the Audio Output stage.
I changed those with OPA627BP from Texas and "vola" what an difference!!
If You have an unmodified Stage 2 player i can Recommend this great mod. for You.
You will for sure be "VERY" suprised of the result.
I know this is an well known issue by all of You but i needed to share it with You.

Comments on it are welcome!

Regards,
ManUtd.:D

Hi Andy,

I have acquired a stage 2 without cdm and I have a spare working cdm12.1 from a Marantz.

Any idea if this can be fitted??

Going from the memory, the CDM12.4 has the servo IC fitted on the laser assembly pcb on the sled whilst with the CDM12.1 it is on the player's motherboard. No doubt it would be possible to interface the CDM12.1 but it's not a direct drop-in replacement. If you have the Marantz player that the assembly came from it may be easier to interface the stage 2 output board to this rather than the mechanism to the stage 2 main pcb.

Jon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.