Sheng Ya S10 CD player Modz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased beauthiful player Sheng Ya cd-s10. But I found sound little not bright... And I started my work:) .Cheap no-name electrolitics was changed to Balck Gate p-k,Black gate n,Elna Cerafines.After long testing I stopped on following config:
2xad825 in i/v section,8xopa627 filter and pre-tube.Cheap tube was replaced with Elektro-Harmonix Gold edition. Now sound is so perfect,it kill denon 2910 in sacd mode easily.... Even pcm1732 can deliver excellent sound!!!Now I have player sounding as many models for 3000 euro.

Photos

Here is photo

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 542
Gaucho said:
A very interesting CD player and quite affordable too. How is performance of the HDCD playback? I can get a Rotel RCP-971 for a good price (which I would modify) but I'm still looking at other options including the RCD-1072.

HDCD perfomance is very good.What is very nice,you can switch of hdcd on Sheng Ya using remote and hear difference.I tested it with some hdcd diskcs,when you switch hdcd off,highs start to be more not-natural and soundstage begin to be more small and not so clear.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.