Pioneer dv-45a / dv-47ai mod info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own the DV-45A and wanted to give it a little boost with some modding (and also to learn something new), but both sites that used to do it (modwright, tweakaudio) stopped modding them and they both refused to even sell me the info so I can do the mods myself. Is there someone out there who modded one of these player by themselves and could share some info with me? I have the service manual but unfortunately lacking the skills to figure out how to mod it myself.
I'd appreciate any input on this,
Krisztian

Hi

As far as I know the DV 47 is the same as the DV 747 here in the UK. I designed a set of mods for this player that were marketed
by Townshend Audio. First I powered the master clock generator with its own regulated 3.3V supply derived from the +12V supply as the original 3.3V also powers a lot of RAM etc and is very noisy. This dropped the clock noise floor by 20db. Next the DACS +5V analogue was supplied by an external linear supply.
Finally the output filter stage was relaced by one using a discrete
dual op-amp again powered by an external +/- 20V supply.
This transformed the player.
However the DV 565 is a better candidate for modding with a superior clock arrangement and in my opinion better sounding
DACs.

Geoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.