RMAA Help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have now got my self a new Creative Audigy ZS2 soundcard.
I want to measure Distortion and noise with an external wave generator.

I can make a direct loop test with a cable from output to input in my soundcard.

Now that the output amplitude is only 0.6V rms I wanted to you a separate wave generator.

I connected the output from the wave generator to both input channels and adjudtest the input signal to -1dB.

But RMAA says Summary problem -> Interchannel leakage or swapped channels. check connection wires.

Does someone know something about the problem and solved it?
Does anyone know how to measure in RMAA with only one
channel?

Thanks for all your response.

Imo you can't do that with RMAA. If I understand it right, RMAA generates and expects its own generated signal, that is not simple sinewave, but complex variable signal.
You can save the test signal onto CD and play it back on some good CDP, and that will work.
It saves calibration and sync tone, that may be the thing it confuses your wave gen signal for, and as its in unexpected form and time, it just spits out error with best guess it can make.
But I may be wrong.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.