Philips CD-160 manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I own a Philips CD-160 player and since 1986 or so it was always a great pleasure listening to it. However, since last weekend it stopped making music. It still spins the CD and it also indicates the time. I just makes no music output.
Is there someone who could provide a schematic and / or service manual?

Thanks,
/hans

Hi guys

In the Philips CD 160 , anybody knows the value of the resistor , in parallel with the quartz crystal, between the pins 10 and 11 of the SAA 7220.

Somebody does the NOS mod and I 'm trying to bring it back to the original form.

Thanks in advance...

PS: The service manual could be handy, anyone?

Hi Baleug... Or anyone :)

As you are also working in a CD 160 , have you remarked that the 3,9 K resistor from the 5 volt rail to the pin 1 of the TDA1541 , is in the schematic connected to the pin 2/ 4 of the TDA1541.

What is correct the PCB or the schematic?

Do you know what is the purpose of this resistor?

Regards

Tube_Dude said:
Hi Baleug... Or anyone :)

As you are also working in a CD 160 , have you remarked that the 3,9 K resistor from the 5 volt rail to the pin 1 of the TDA1541 , is in the schematic connected to the pin 2/ 4 of the TDA1541.

What is correct the PCB or the schematic?

Do you know what is the purpose of this resistor?

Regards

Yes, and even on the picture of PCB in the manual this resistor is connected to pin1. IMHO - don't worry. This is pull-up resistor. You may add the same resistor to pin2/4 (from the rail 5V)

I've downloaded Joshes files. I'll come back and post my maintenance tricks.

Thanks, Sonic
Your link looks good (the front page) but the download button seems to give you MacKeeper instead. Such programs are known for hoaxes :eek:. At least I'm confused :confused:.

albert

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.