CS5361 A/D Converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heya,

Just curious -- is there anywhere else besides Newark InOne that I can purchase a CS5361 analog to digital converter chip? I've tried requesting samples but havn't received any responses (or samples..), nor can I find an online site other than Newark InOne that sells them.

I don't really want to use Newark InOne because $11 just for shipping and handling is a bit ridiculous...

Thanks!

Regards,
Matt

Nisbeth said:
Have you tried calling them or emailing them instead of using the sample request form? Might help if you explain that you actually want to pay for it but can't find a dealer :)

/U.

PS: Just out of curiosity, do you have a schematic of your design you can post? i'd be very interested in seeing it :)

I have a real rough idea of what I'm planning to do :)

Cirrus provides an analog input buffer schematic for the CS5361 A/D chip. It's got balanced inputs so hopefully I can go and buy some decent recording mics (Im thinking of probably some SM57's, but if I can come up with the cash I'll buy a pair of SM81's)

Here's that schematic
schem1.jpg

I'll adapt this schematic to add phantom power
phantom.gif

As far as interfacing this with the uC (Microchip PIC18F2455) I'll run the A/D in master mode (generating it's own clock pulse) then the PIC will read in the clocked data and use it's onboard USB interface to pipe the data back to my computer.

I took a look at the PCM1804 datasheet and ordered a few samples which are being UPS second day aired to me as I type :D

It's certainly easier to get this than the CS5361, however the package is kind of small and might be difficult for me and my almost non-existant soldering skills to deal with. TI doesn't really give a very clear schematic detailing how to hook the PCM1804 up (what capacitors to use to filter the input voltages, etc.. I'm not too experienced with this type of stuff)

Should be interesting though. I'll keep you guys updated. I'm still not sure if I'm going to use the CS5361 or the PCM1804 yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.