Alternative to Wavelab5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am looking to a simple way to copy DVD-Audio, although I do not own a single one yet... (but I will not buy any until I can copy it: it is just a question of principle, I do not accept to pay for music if I cannot do whatever I want with it). If I cannot, I will just continue with regular CDs, therefore preventing the majors to make money with their (protected) DVD-Audio format...

It seems to me that the software Wavelab5 might be a solution, because it has the ability to record an analog source and to digitalize it at 24bits/96kHz, and then to burn a DVD-Audio. Therefore, it could be possible to send the analog output into Wavelab5 in order to convert in digital at 24/96.

Unfortunately, Wevelab5 costs around 1.200$, which is too much...

Do you know any alternative that would allow to digitalize an analog source at 24/96 and having the ability to burn DVD-audio ?

Thanks,
N.

Oh for chrissakes!!

<rant>
Leolab
DVD-Audio ripper is utter shiite, and can only be used to extract ac3 or DTS (or even 24/96 pcm apparently ... ) from a DVD-Video disc.

This is NOT, NOT, NOT, Dvd - Audio.
NOT 192 khz 24 bit stereo uncompressed
ans F$%^&* NOT 24bit/96khz MLP (The 'L' stands for lossless) 5.1/7.1 audio.

The wankstains that sell DVD_Audio ripper hardly have more of a clue than the dumbasses that use their software.
</rant>

Sproggit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.