Need Yamaha Y3015 / YM3015 D/A datasheet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one of these D/A's in my 1991 TEAC PD-175 cd player. I just want to find out more about it in preparation for a bit of an upgrade to the main pcb. Nothing outrageous, just go around and replace all the signal caps with nice polystyrene ones. Guess what? There are 4 dual opamp chips between the D/A and the output connector and they each have stacks of disk CERAMIC caps all connected to them. Eeeyuck!! They will definitely the first to go.

I can't find any of the info I am looking for on the web. Even the CD player itself only gets a few hits.

GP.

Hi Graham, this D/A is used in a number of earlier cdp's including CDC players.
Not an overly flash convertor - 8 years ago this was available as a Yamaha spare part for AUS$5.00 or so - more recently NLA.
Years ago I built a PP wired output/filter stage using one of these plucked from a CDC el cheapo player.
I gave an infinite ground plane (copper sheet, 3" * 2") and infinite decoupling (down to tubular caps out of vcr rf modules) and ended up with a wildly infinite sounding cdp when played on ME amp and Duntech Sovereigns - fantastic L/R and depth imaging but a bit of HF glare though.
Some earlier Yamaha, Teac or CDC service manuals may give pinouts, but probably not application data.

Eric.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.