Stuck in reclocking rotel cdp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

is the first time I post in this forum... I'm a almost un-experienced DIY audio fan, posting from Italy.

I've been lurking a bit until now (this forums are really impressive for the amount and the quality of informations you can found) and convinced myself to risk a reclocking on my old cdp box (rotel rcd930ax). It is already modified in the output analog stage (new Op Amp, no coupling capacitors).

Found the very nice Kwak Clock 7 schematics, very happy about that, I opened the cdp and, aaaargh! (Murphy law), discovered a 3rd overtone 33.8688 MHz crystal.

Now I have three possibilities: give up on the reclocking, find a fundamental 33.8688Mhz crystal (already checked on the web, likely painful) or find the way to use a 3rd overtone crystal in the KC7.

...any suggestion?

Thank you in advance for any help...

Ciao

Sguazz

Reclocking..........?............mondo cane............

You need to fix the clock. Period. Forget about reclocking until you do.

33 MHz...........2 options...........

I know some guy who sells little oscillator thingies, that work good.

Or make you own. I would suggest a Pierce in this case, since it will be an overtone.

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.