PGA2310 v PGA4311

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey there,

Does anyone prefer one over the other? I'm wanting to use these chips in a analog mixer and control them via MIOS (ucapps.de). I assumed the +/-15 2310 would be the one to roll with as there'd be more headroom but after searching on the forum I read that the +/-5 4311 might have lower distortion? the 4 chan 4311 would be ideal tho as the mixer I'm converting comes in 4chan strips...

While I'm here can I ask about a suitable i/o buffer for the PGA...I was gonna use an INA134 for a balanced input rcvr, so assume I can go from that straight to the PGA but what about a low output impedence buffer which is needed before going to the summing buss? Something discreat (maybe biased to classA) perhaps?

All ideas/comments appreciated :)

Cheers!

Hi there!

I also plan on using PGA4311 as volume control for my 4.1 system.
I plan on using the PGA as in the datasheet from TI.
The exit it will be connected directly to the filters(see http://www.c7obs.net/~relu/diy/amplif/schematic3.jpg)
I don't know yet how am I going to sent the data bytes to tha PGA, but I'm considering a USB/RS232 adapter for the beggining.
In the future, maybe a controller with some LCD....

How do you plan to send the gain data?

Good whises!

relu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.