voltage regulators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your DAC already has voltage regulators, or it is a total piece of junk.

If you're asking if replacing the existing regulators with some other voltage regulators will improve the sound, I'd say not likely. But, while making such a swap, you may just end up destroying the DAC by overheating a part, or damaging a circuit board (they aren't made to withstand a lot of part swapping), or burning up other parts if you do the swap improperly (wrong lead in the wrong hole).

Carefully consider the risk/benefit ratio when contemplating such a modification.

MR

Whoops! I misunderstood. I thought you were asking the question because you wanted to hear other's opinions.

In the future I will try to keep my fingers off the keyboard unless I can agree with whatever preconception you may have. Next time, please state your question in a manner that more directly reveals the preconception. That will make it easier for me to determine if I agree and can then post or if I disagree and should then remain silent.

MR

PS- I notice there is a thread about someone's dead CD player running for the last several days. It seems they were making modifications to "improve" the sound and they are now left with no sound. Please do be careful when you swap those voltage regulators.

MRehorst said:
Whoops! I misunderstood. I thought you were asking the question because you wanted to hear other's opinions.

In the future I will try to keep my fingers off the keyboard unless I can agree with whatever preconception you may have. Next time, please state your question in a manner that more directly reveals the preconception. That will make it easier for me to determine if I agree and can then post or if I disagree and should then remain silent.

MR

PS- I notice there is a thread about someone's dead CD player running for the last several days. It seems they were making modifications to "improve" the sound and they are now left with no sound. Please do be careful when you swap those voltage regulators.
thank you for yuor cocern i will be care full all the best john

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.