asynchronous reclocking and low jitter clocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am new to diy hifi, and electronics in general! (i studied Geography at uni!)

In modding my cd player I am about to start work on replacing the standard clock. I have studied many of the forums but i need something cleared up.

>Are asynchronous reclocking and a separate low jitter clock completely separate concepts?

>further, if this is correct which configuration is best?

-old clock / no asynchronous reclocking (cdp standard)
-old clock / asynchronous reclocking
-new clock / no asynchronous reclocking
-new clock / asynchronous reclocking

Asynchronous reclocking is an easier option for me because i cannot source 11.2896 Mhz crystal osciallators in the UK! Whenever I find any they are out of stock ! :(

Cheers,

Ash.

ash_dac said:
Hi

I am new to diy hifi, and electronics in general! (i studied Geography at uni!)

In modding my cd player I am about to start work on replacing the standard clock. I have studied many of the forums but i need something cleared up.

>Are asynchronous reclocking and a separate low jitter clock completely separate concepts?

>further, if this is correct which configuration is best?

-old clock / no asynchronous reclocking (cdp standard)
-old clock / asynchronous reclocking
-new clock / no asynchronous reclocking
-new clock / asynchronous reclocking

Asynchronous reclocking is an easier option for me because i cannot source 11.2896 Mhz crystal osciallators in the UK! Whenever I find any they are out of stock ! :(

Cheers,

Ash.

Hi

There is many options to roll your own clock

commercial mode on

www.TentLabs.com

commercial mode off

succes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.