TNT audio Marantz CD63 mods...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello...........:)

In the improvement of the digital electronics chapter there might be some typing errors on the website?

From the TNT site:

“Find RD01, RD04 (near the DAC-Chip) R117, R118, RF01 (near the Micro-Processor Chip - between that Chip and the Transport). They all look the same and stand out. I replaced these with 1mH miniature Chokes (14 Ohm DCR). These Chokes have a self-resonance of around 1MHz (my ones came from Maplin). They look like large resistors. Now 1MHz is not enough for us. We need to extend the effectiveness here to much higher frequencies. Enter three small Ferrite-Beads each (sold in bags of 10 for pennies). These are threaded onto the leads of the Choke, usefully extending the effectiveness to very high frequencies.”

R117 and R118 I think is wrong, maybe it should be R122, R123, R128 or R127 instead?

Also:
“As mentioned before, the Capacitors used by Marantz in the digital section are also nothing to write home about. So out go C126 (on the small board attached to the Transport), C157, C114, C120, CF02 (all 47uF 16V), to be replaced with Nichicon PL Series ultra low ESR Types."

C114 and C157 I think are wrong?:confused:

Thanks Chris

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I did my CD67 per the TNT site and I remember that I had to wing it alittle on some of the numbers. I just looked at the print and then at the PCB layout and I figured it out. All in all it's an excellent site and I'm very pleased with the results from my mods.

Regards,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.