DSA protocol for CDPRO2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2005, 12:30 AM   #1
billr is offline billr  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb DSA protocol for CDPRO2

Dear All,

I have been captured by the 'build your own CD Player' bug.

I have fairly good skills in programming, and I also have a PIC development set. I been downloading like crazy and have tons of information on the CDPRO2. neat unit.

It uses the DSA interface (3 wire, ack, strobe and data) and using the code that has already been posted I see how to use the DSA protocol.

The main reason that I am posting is: Do any of you know of any existing Phillips products that I may be able to find [cheaply, secondhand etc] that also uses the DSA interface, so that I can test my software before I splash out on the CDPRO itself?

I know it sounds daft to create my own code when it has already been done, but wth, man's gotta do etc. [the main reason is that i plan to use a single rotary control with a push button in it]. this will give me all the functions that I need, it also looks cool.

Look forward to hearing from someone

kind regards

bill ramsay
Old 22nd January 2005, 04:27 AM   #2
YENFU is offline YENFU  United States
Account Disabled

not easy.
Although CD-PRO2 Modules using DSA protocol,but other philips products did not.
Old 28th January 2005, 06:01 PM   #3
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Default Re: DSA protocol for CDPRO2

Quote:
Originally posted by billr
Dear All,

I have been captured by the 'build your own CD Player' bug.

I have fairly good skills in programming, and I also have a PIC development set. I been downloading like crazy and have tons of information on the CDPRO2. neat unit.

It uses the DSA interface (3 wire, ack, strobe and data) and using the code that has already been posted I see how to use the DSA protocol.

The main reason that I am posting is: Do any of you know of any existing Phillips products that I may be able to find [cheaply, secondhand etc] that also uses the DSA interface, so that I can test my software before I splash out on the CDPRO itself?

I know it sounds daft to create my own code when it has already been done, but wth, man's gotta do etc. [the main reason is that i plan to use a single rotary control with a push button in it]. this will give me all the functions that I need, it also looks cool.

Look forward to hearing from someone

kind regards

bill ramsay
I have been looking for the same thing. I made my own DSA code a while back for my cd player:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/cdpro2

I would also love to find another DSA based unit, so that a cheaper unit can be built.

I attached my DSA code to this mail. (the GetData and SendData functions handle sending data to the cdpro2).

Anyone out there know of another DSA based player?

--
Brian
Attached Files
File Type: zip transcom.zip (9.7 KB, 285 views)
Old 4th April 2005, 09:17 AM   #4
kst is offline kst  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Try mini system FW46.
From the service manual it is stated DSA control for CD/Tape/Tuner.

Hide this!Advertise here!