DSA protocol for CDPRO2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

I have been captured by the 'build your own CD Player' bug.

I have fairly good skills in programming, and I also have a PIC development set. I been downloading like crazy and have tons of information on the CDPRO2. neat unit.

It uses the DSA interface (3 wire, ack, strobe and data) and using the code that has already been posted I see how to use the DSA protocol.

The main reason that I am posting is: Do any of you know of any existing Phillips products that I may be able to find [cheaply, secondhand etc] that also uses the DSA interface, so that I can test my software before I splash out on the CDPRO itself?

I know it sounds daft to create my own code when it has already been done, but wth, man's gotta do etc. [the main reason is that i plan to use a single rotary control with a push button in it]. this will give me all the functions that I need, it also looks cool.

Look forward to hearing from someone

kind regards

bill ramsay

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
billr said:
Dear All,

I have been captured by the 'build your own CD Player' bug.

I have fairly good skills in programming, and I also have a PIC development set. I been downloading like crazy and have tons of information on the CDPRO2. neat unit.

It uses the DSA interface (3 wire, ack, strobe and data) and using the code that has already been posted I see how to use the DSA protocol.

The main reason that I am posting is: Do any of you know of any existing Phillips products that I may be able to find [cheaply, secondhand etc] that also uses the DSA interface, so that I can test my software before I splash out on the CDPRO itself?

I know it sounds daft to create my own code when it has already been done, but wth, man's gotta do etc. [the main reason is that i plan to use a single rotary control with a push button in it]. this will give me all the functions that I need, it also looks cool.

Look forward to hearing from someone

kind regards

bill ramsay

I have been looking for the same thing. I made my own DSA code a while back for my cd player:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/cdpro2

I would also love to find another DSA based unit, so that a cheaper unit can be built.

I attached my DSA code to this mail. (the GetData and SendData functions handle sending data to the cdpro2).

Anyone out there know of another DSA based player?

--
Brian

Attachments

• transcom.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 477
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.