Pioneer DV-355 PS problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also have the DV355 DVD Player - My PSU has also gone on the thing - I contacted Tedelex in JHB, they have PSUs for R225 excl. VAT. I think though it is the switching IC that is gone on my one - MIP2E5DMY, which I can't seem to get hold of. They only have the lower rated ones with the panasonic agents. My PSU in my DV Player is made by Tamura. There is no VWR number on it, although when I spoke to the agents they gave me the following part number VWR 1364 - is this the correct PSU number. My PSU has the following numbers on:
KY033H

Anyway are you able to clarify that the part number given above - VWR 1364 is the correct PSU for the player ?

By the way - my DVD player was struck by lightning - thats the only reason it went. I can see a very small spark mark on the underside of the PCB close to the AC inlet on the "spikes". Tested all the fuses and diodes - therefore presume the Switcher has gone. The PSU is designed very badly - they should have included a ground to earth - if I get a new PSU - I will connect ground to the Chasis and the 3 prong plug.

From a Pioneer Service Bulletin that covers the VWR1364 power supply unit:

SYMPTOM -- No Power

CAUSE -- Resistor R74 on the power supply unit is opened.
(R74 may have received voltage which is more than the resistor’s voltage rating spec, and this could cause R74 to have an electric corrosion damage.

SERVICE -- After confirming that R74 is open, replace the power supply unit with the new unit.

REMEDY -- (On the new unit, R74 is changed from “carbon type” to “metal film type” which will not have the electric corrosion damage.)

NOTE -- When the power supply unit becomes defective due to R74 open, other component parts on the power supply unit could also be damaged. Therefore, it is necessary to replace the unit with the new unit.

My Pioneer DV-355 stopped working all of a sudden. I have followed the thread here. Looks like the same PSU problem. The PSU board is VWR 1364. Checked the R74 value in-circuit. Shows 13 M instead of the 2.2 M according to the markings. Will replace and see if it is the problem. Meantime, dear computeruser, can you please email me the service manual. My email address is h_ashoka@hotmail.com, just in case it is not the problem. Thanks.

Hey Hash50
I hopen't heard from computer user as yet! If you do happen to get the manual could you forward me a copy as well please! As i will do for if I get it first.
I havent been able to pm computeruser as Im still a newbie!

P.S. Went to my local jaycar and bought some R74 resistors for a grand total of 38 cents; for a pack of six! They were 2.2mohm .5a . I wanted to double check the mohm rating as I read that it was 2.2 somewhere, but I couldnt find it again anywhere. Jaycar had a chart instore which identifies the the resistors by colour, and to which the salesman said, " it is on our website" yet I couldnt find it anywhere.

Good luck with your DVD!!

:)

isn't it intresting how many australians are posting here, coinciding with the power surges/black outs? anywhay i think i have come across the same problem- just the r74 resistor it's not the fuse or smth it is the small resistor brown, green, red, red. ...with r74 ritten next to it? seems to small to be the source of all these problems?

cool

well to confirm also, as creepy as it was but still intriguing, after replacing the r74 resistor with one about 22ohm? red, red, black and gold + brown.....i put the board back in and creepily it turned back on. .....welcome......
to bad my dad already bought a $200 dvd, but still nice to put my old soldering skills to use.
thanks for the help, 38c goes a long way.
regards
alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.