Pioneer DV-355 PS problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I found this thread when I searched for "KY033H". It seemed very relevant since it referred to power supply problems on a Pioneer DVD player. I have a Pioneer DVR-220s with a power supply problem and found a schematic online but the schematic does not have the correct PSU. I already replaced 3 bad caps but that only restored standby power. It will not stay on when I hit the power button.

I followed your threads and looked for an R74 2.2M ohm resistor. Although my PC board is marked "KY033H" like yours, it apparently is not the same PSU. But it might be close enough for me to extrapolate the cause of my problem. Can someone send me that schematic? My email address is rkba4ever@lmf.net

Thanks
Rick

Found my PSU

Hi

This is a followup to my last post. I found the board number hidden under the plastic wire guide. I also found a replacement board at BestBuy parts. The replacement costs $64.00 plus tax and shipping.

The board number is VWR 1378. If anyone has a schematic, I would appreciate a copy so I could fix my old board to keep as a backup.

Also, it may be possible that this board could be a replacement for the boards in the model DVD you guys have been talking about since the Tamura number is the same. That may be the number that identifies the pc board.

Anyhow I have a schematic for a PSU for the DVR I have and although it is not the right schematic the outputs for the boards are the same. If the out puts are the same on your boards the PSU's should be interchangable. If anyone wants a copy of this schematic to verify the outputs I can make it available.

Rick

Even though this thread is 8 years old, just wanted to say 'Thanx'! because this fix still works in Dec 2017!
I have a Pioneer DV-355 that died on me for no apparent reason. After locating this thread, I was able to replace the R74 2M2 resistor (which had indeed gone open) with a new, 1w one and it worked perfectly - best 48c I've ever spent :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.