tempo for CDPRO2 drive ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm still designing the PSU for the CDPRO2 drive and I'm trying to deal with the power's delay between the +5V and the +9V.

I've noticed that the mechanics (+9V) should be powered after the servo (+5V) of the CDPRO2M, a delay close to 150ms.

How did you deal with that ?

Regards

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
The CD-PRO2 Transport(I mean the DIYZONE Kit) have a specially designed control board.The control board will send the signal to the 'relay board',and control the power up sequence.

By doing so,we could extend the life of CD-PRO2M module.You know,it's the most expensive part of the KIT.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Zers,

I did not implement any delay for the +9V in the powersupply (using CDPRO2). No problems at all.
Used a LT317 for the 3 psu's (2 x 5V, 1 x 9V). I think the powersupply is quit slowly starting up and that the 5V is because of that quicker at its requested voltage than the 9V. I am not sure if this is the real reason that I am not experiencing any problems with powering the CDPRO2.

Good luck,

Peter K

Hi all,

Well, taking into account the price of the CDPRO2 unit, I won't bypass the daisylaser recommandations regarding the power up delay :rolleyes:

by the way, I will use a relay linked to a transistor, zener and cap to perform the 150ms delay as shown in this schematic.

Regards

Attachments

• psupart.jpg
    psupart.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 454
ZERS said:
Hi all,

Well, taking into account the price of the CDPRO2 unit, I won't bypass the daisylaser recommandations regarding the power up delay :rolleyes:

by the way, I will use a relay linked to a transistor, zener and cap to perform the 150ms delay as shown in this schematic.

Regards

Hey Zers, if you make a PCB for that let me know, I would like one myself.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.