Onkyo CD DX706

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !
Read error on CD onkyo DX 706.
When it was new it was "superb".
Now the out relay clicks on and off extremely often, when a new cd is inserted.

Beside the big SONY IC to the left there is a trim pot that says gain (actually 2 trim pots)
when turning this a little bit clockwise (19 hours to 21) it works again..
But what gain !!! Laser output or ampl..... ??

Where is the service manual to obtain and read about this..*.pdf
Also the mod for this CD-player is of intrest, at other subject in this area !

Lens is looking 100 % new not a mark on it .

Spindle motor

Hi to all,

I have a heavily modified DX 706. I was experiencing more and more read problems, until I got tired and oiled the spindle motor. Use a VERY light oil, say like for a fine sowing machine, and use very little. There is a hole at the bottom of the motor, so put a minor drop there to get into the bottom bushing. Results? Mirraculuos!

David

Re: Spindle motor

David Nessim said:
Hi to all,

I have a heavily modified DX 706. I was experiencing more and more read problems, until I got tired and oiled the spindle motor. Use a VERY light oil, say like for a fine sowing machine, and use very little. There is a hole at the bottom of the motor, so put a minor drop there to get into the bottom bushing. Results? Mirraculuos!

David

Hi David,

You say at the bottom. did you take out the motor from the player to access it (the hole), or how do you access it?

Jennice

OK, i try to explain with my baaaad english:
to analyse the problem i haul out the mecanic and pose it beside of the player without deconnecting the electronic.
look
when i turned on the player, i observed that the linear tracking motor started to move left-right with an amplitude of 2-3 mm and and frequence of arround 1Hz. the amplitude of the movement started small and becomes more and more, till the lense couldnt more balance this movmement. when this is the cas, the relais cut off the music, the laser goes wild left-right till he refound the position to continu playing the music, till the next time he loos the balance...
look again
after trying several things, i found out that a small turn of this variable resistor, beside of the power unit, stopped the movement and the problem. Since i do not have the circuit diagramm, i am not really know what i did :rolleyes: but i think it is to control the voltage regulation.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The spindle motor is most certainly your problem as mentioned above.
Avoid the temptation to turn the pots without manual.
The oil might work, never tried.
Onkyo doesn’t supply the original motor anymore but a replacement should be available.
The number would be RF-310T-11400
The table height should be adjusted between 19,3-19,4mm.
The screw holes to fit the new motor don’t match so you’ll have to drill new ones.
That’s about all I know about the DX706.

/Hugo

sinus said:
OK, i try to explain with my baaaad english:
to analyse the problem i haul out the mecanic and pose it beside of the player without deconnecting the electronic.
look
when i turned on the player, i observed that the linear tracking motor started to move left-right with an amplitude of 2-3 mm and and frequence of arround 1Hz. the amplitude of the movement started small and becomes more and more, till the lense couldnt more balance this movmement. when this is the cas, the relais cut off the music, the laser goes wild left-right till he refound the position to continu playing the music, till the next time he loos the balance...
look again
after trying several things, i found out that a small turn of this variable resistor, beside of the power unit, stopped the movement and the problem. Since i do not have the circuit diagramm, i am not really know what i did :rolleyes: but i think it is to control the voltage regulation.

what regulated that variable resistor ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.