Sony DVP9000ES Optical Pickup\Tilt Servo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a DVP9000es that is having problems reading hybrid sacd's. I tried doing the alignment procedures and they did not help. After investigating further I found that replacing the optical pickup could fix the issue. I found the replacement part KHM220AAA and have it installed. When I run the auto Calibration it now it errors on all DVD's. I have tried many different disks including SL\DL but it will not successfully run. Also I purchased 2 of these parts and have tried both thinking one might be bad. Any suggestions would be great.

I'm not sure how experance you are with fitting new heads, but did you remove the anti-static "Solder bridge" before installing the new heads?

I'm not sure about this head, but all laser heads i've seen have a "solder Bridge" to protect the Laser diode from Static damage before installation. This "solder Bridge" is normally somewhere on the flexable PCB.

Compare old and new lasers to find location of laser bridge - 2 small PCB pads linked by solder.

John

Again, I don't know the Sony Head, but if it where a dual laser head - CD / DVD, it might be that there is a Anti Static solder bridge for the DVD laser - but seems unlikely if RED book CD functions and does not have one...

Sorry I cannot be of more help,

John

rjr1 said:
I have a DVP9000es that is having problems reading hybrid sacd's. I tried doing the alignment procedures and they did not help. After investigating further I found that replacing the optical pickup could fix the issue. I found the replacement part KHM220AAA and have it installed. When I run the auto Calibration it now it errors on all DVD's. I have tried many different disks including SL\DL but it will not successfully run. Also I purchased 2 of these parts and have tried both thinking one might be bad. Any suggestions would be great.

Hi

On DVD, the mechanical adjustments are way more sensitive (hence required) compared to CD playback

A CD pickup can be adjusted by hand (I did that a few times) but for DVD that is not possible unless you have tools available.

best to look for a service center......

succes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.