Sony DVP9000ES Optical Pickup\Tilt Servo - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd January 2005, 07:51 AM   #1
rjr1 is offline rjr1  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Sony DVP9000ES Optical Pickup\Tilt Servo

I have a DVP9000es that is having problems reading hybrid sacd's. I tried doing the alignment procedures and they did not help. After investigating further I found that replacing the optical pickup could fix the issue. I found the replacement part KHM220AAA and have it installed. When I run the auto Calibration it now it errors on all DVD's. I have tried many different disks including SL\DL but it will not successfully run. Also I purchased 2 of these parts and have tried both thinking one might be bad. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 2nd January 2005, 04:44 PM   #2
JohnW is offline JohnW  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

I'm not sure how experance you are with fitting new heads, but did you remove the anti-static "Solder bridge" before installing the new heads?

I'm not sure about this head, but all laser heads i've seen have a "solder Bridge" to protect the Laser diode from Static damage before installation. This "solder Bridge" is normally somewhere on the flexable PCB.

Compare old and new lasers to find location of laser bridge - 2 small PCB pads linked by solder.

John
Old 2nd January 2005, 08:10 PM   #3
rjr1 is offline rjr1  United States
diyAudio Member

I will have to check on that solder not sure if the tilt servo has it. One thing I noticed is that it will pass the allignment test with redbook cd's but refuses to read dvd if the solder was the case I would think it may not function at all.
Old 2nd January 2005, 10:37 PM   #4
JohnW is offline JohnW  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Again, I don't know the Sony Head, but if it where a dual laser head - CD / DVD, it might be that there is a Anti Static solder bridge for the DVD laser - but seems unlikely if RED book CD functions and does not have one...

Sorry I cannot be of more help,

John
Old 3rd January 2005, 08:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Sony DVP9000ES Optical Pickup\Tilt Servo

Quote:
Originally posted by rjr1
I have a DVP9000es that is having problems reading hybrid sacd's. I tried doing the alignment procedures and they did not help. After investigating further I found that replacing the optical pickup could fix the issue. I found the replacement part KHM220AAA and have it installed. When I run the auto Calibration it now it errors on all DVD's. I have tried many different disks including SL\DL but it will not successfully run. Also I purchased 2 of these parts and have tried both thinking one might be bad. Any suggestions would be great.
Hi

On DVD, the mechanical adjustments are way more sensitive (hence required) compared to CD playback

A CD pickup can be adjusted by hand (I did that a few times) but for DVD that is not possible unless you have tools available.

best to look for a service center......

succes

Hide this!Advertise here!