Luxman d-105u, upgraded opamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi, i am new to this board, i have done some modifications into my Luxman tube cd player.
I have replaced the op amp of the I/V stage with a discrete components op amp, all FET.

I hope the picture will go thru...

I have added another board as well to control some functions via a Sony remote, because the luxamn remote seems to be a ghost.
Anyway, my power amp is a Sony ES so it is just logical to have only one remote for the whole sound system, isnt? :D

Attachments

• microboard.jpg
    microboard.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 341
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
And here is the board for the IR remote, sony protocol.
The board control 7 functions of the cd player. I do have the complete service manual of this CD player as well. If one want help i can send scan.

On the picture, you can barely see one of the op amp replacement boards.

I have also changed the muting output of this cd player. I would realy like to understand why one implement expensive tube and double dac on a cd player, but finishes it with cheap transistor muting system. It does realy clip the sound output and makes high transistions audible and realy bad. Now it is simple reed relays.

cheers !

Pat Allen
;)

Attachments

• ir bord resized.jpg
    ir bord resized.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 298
pat allen said:
Hi, i am new to this board, i have done some modifications into my Luxman tube cd player.
I have replaced the op amp of the I/V stage with a discrete components op amp, all FET.

I hope the picture will go thru...

I have added another board as well to control some functions via a Sony remote, because the luxamn remote seems to be a ghost.
Anyway, my power amp is a Sony ES so it is just logical to have only one remote for the whole sound system, isnt? :D
Are those tantalum caps on the board? I hope not!

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Why?
All the caps into the circuit are for dc filtering of the power supply, none of the audio path goes thru any caps in this design.

As you said, if its sounds good, it is good :D

I know someone that have deleted the I/V stage, and have changed the way the tubes are biased, by the help of a software simulator. He said that it sounded far better.
Who knows...

Pat Allen

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.