PCM56 "S" stamp ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The "country of origin" has to do with where the die are
assembled into packaged parts. It's some strange quirk
of the law, but that's the way it is. So what you are seeing
is the change in packaging locations, not a change in where
the wafers are made.

I've never seen dots used by B-B, and I have seen lots of
their parts over the years. I see thousands every day.

Dear Tubeee,

The K2 chips was I sold for Berhard.
I got them for Taiwan's friends. They supply TDA1541a chips to me, PCM56K,63K,K2. As Berhard said. This cannot found in the data sheets. My friend on;y told me was the remain parts for the Vimak DAC, but he did not sure about this. Only for reference .

Pls told me if U can got more information about the chips. China many factory said the two whit dots was 'K' grade. In my opinions. Not buy from China will safe. If the standard grade will less risk. For 'K' grade. as Least I will not.

thx

thomas

I should say it more clearly.

After Burr Brown merged into TI, TI did change the mark prints of BB's IC if the ic is still in production. The famous case is OPA627. You can find out lots of different prints of OPA627 in the market.

I did saw some PCM65P-K (from authorized TI dealer) with the same prints as shown in above eBay aucton. But, those PCM65P-K were prints PHL (phillipines).

This is the first time I see such kind of prints' JAPAN (Country of Origin). That's my puzzle??

Same problem as with PCM63:

I have “PCM63P” from Japan, when the "K" is printed in white colour on the very right side of the chip.

It looks likes: "PCM63P--------------K".

I also have “PCM63P-------------J” from Japan, once again printed in white colour on the very right side.

Same kind of print is to be found on "PCM63P------------K2" (see the attached picture)

HOWEVER: There is also "PCM63K" (all in one word!) from the Phl. This is the only "K" selection I know which has no any "P" in the chip name (P for Plastic?). The selection grade is neither on the right side of the chip, nor it is in white colour.

I hope that this “PCM63K” is not fake. It sounds different (less aggressive) then the “J”... Should be OK.

On the other hand, this “PCM63K” sound very different then my other “PCM63P --------------K” from Japan.

Attachments

• pcm63p-----------------k2.jpg
    pcm63p-----------------k2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 262
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.