Hirez SACD and DVD-A digital output for Pioneer DV-575A and DV-578A (dsd to pcm) - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th August 2005, 04:52 PM   #21
JoshK is offline JoshK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Well I am not sure I have any idea what I am doing with the GAL, so I emailed oehlich to see if he would sell me one. If anyone else is interested in working together on this let me know.

Cheers,
Old 10th August 2005, 08:29 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default Still on my way

I am still on my way with this interface.

Currently I am working with a guy in the US on a PCB design. I hope in two or three weeks it will be ready. My plans are to market the board in Germany and he will sell the board in the US. He will receive the chips from me an I will receive its PCBs. So please be a bit pacient. We are on the right way but it is still a hobby so business come first....

Charly
Old 24th August 2005, 11:21 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Results

I like to give you an update of my work in progress regarding the hires output for the Pioneer player.

Finally I managed to get the PCB done! The layout file is on it's way to the production of two prototype boards. I guess they will arrive in two weeks for testing.

On the board I also placed an AD1896 (SRC). It provides a limitation of the output rate to 96kHz for units not equipped with a 192kHz input. The SRC is an option. It has not to be soldered in. The selection of the rate limitation will be done with a jumper on the PCB (limit to 96kHz or as is). The whole board is made for DIY so despite the CS8406 and the AD1896 there are no SMDs on the board.

I plan to sell the PCB in combination with the two programmed GALs and one CS8406. The price will be strongly dependant of the quantity of PCBs I order. So please drop me a line if you are interested. This will give me a better base for calculation.
Old 26th August 2005, 06:38 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Results

Quote:
Originally posted by oehlrich

I plan to sell the PCB in combination with the two programmed GALs and one CS8406. The price will be strongly dependant of the quantity of PCBs I order. So please drop me a line if you are interested. This will give me a better base for calculation.
I really am!

I was also wondering if it could be possible to use 3 boards in order to have a multi-channel Hirez output (3 s/pdif outputs in total)
Old 1st September 2005, 01:42 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default DV-585A

it seems the 575A is not available anymore.
Does anyone know if the 585A (seemingly the successor) has the same DSD-PCM conversion inside?

Couldn't one simply append a CS8406 instead of the extra
hoontech board?
Old 2nd September 2005, 08:01 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default DV-585

I checked that. The asnwer is YES IT HAS!

This means you also could use the unit for this new player
Old 2nd September 2005, 08:04 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Results

Quote:
Originally posted by Michele Spinolo

I was also wondering if it could be possible to use 3 boards in order to have a multi-channel Hirez output (3 s/pdif outputs in total)
Yes ist is possible. All that has to be done is stacking three units and inputting a different SDATA signal. So all input pins of the board could be connected 1:1 except of the SDATA input. It has to be taken from the tree D/A converters.

On the series PCB I will include a direct S/PDIF for this
Old 3rd September 2005, 02:15 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default Re: DV-585

Quote:
Originally posted by oehlrich
I checked that. The asnwer is YES IT HAS!

great!

but I still don't really understand the need for a GAL, the 8405 or 8406 are able to handle left justified format
Old 3rd September 2005, 09:59 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: DV-585

Quote:
Originally posted by dieringe

great!

but I still don't really understand the need for a GAL, the 8405 or 8406 are able to handle left justified format
The really tricky thing is to output ALL formats via S/PDIF. This is really not easy because the D/A is reprogrammed for each format by the player. The GAL makes a very tricky check of the format sent to the D/A in the Pioneer and sets the clock signals for the 8406 the way it works.
Old 3rd September 2005, 12:25 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

I see...
But how are the 1742s DACs connected to this? They have to convert all types of signal? Is there a similar kind of logic on the board?

Another question: Where to buy the CS8405 or CS8406 in Germany?

I already ordered the 585A...

Hide this!Advertise here!