Modding denon dcd-3000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought used denon dcd 3000 cd player. I am planning on modding it a bit. can anyone suggest what mods can be done to it? I also plan on connecting my PC to denon via spdif, to get better sound from my PC music collection :). are there any mods to digital part of player. Any thoughts wellcome. If it is possible please describe what change will be achieved by mods You are suggesting. Thank You.

Question for rfbrw about Denon DCD-1520 going cheap near him

Rfbrw:

If you don't mind my asking, who is selling the Denon DCD-1520 that you refer to as "going cheap near me"? I'm looking for a cheap DCD-1520 to cannibalize one part from in order to fix my DCD-2560. (Regrettably, Denon has discontinued the part.)

Feel free to e-mail me if you don't want to post the answer on this forum. Thanks for your help.

I don't mind answering but near me, in the UK, is a looong way from you in the US and neither of the two places, one has a DCD1700 and the other a DCD1520, is geared up for international orders both being little more than glorified stalls.
Have you tried ebay? Last time I looked there were a few Denons going.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.