PGA2310 noise - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2004, 02:20 PM   #11
wimms is offline wimms  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Outputs of your PGA2310 are not loaded. Try 10-100k resistors to ground near output opamp inputs.
Old 21st December 2004, 04:24 PM   #12
fallow is offline fallow  Finland
diyAudio Member

thanks for replying.

Have to test the effect of connecting ground planes, missed that part totally on datasheet.
Old 22nd December 2004, 01:12 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi ,
You can try bypass the OPA circuit of input & output stage .
And , Are you heard the noise ?
Old 21st March 2006, 11:16 PM   #14
ChUmI is offline ChUmI  Poland
diyAudio Member

fallow ~ have you resolved the problem with noise? I would like to use PGA2310 in extremaly low noise system based on OPA1632. Unfortunately I can't go down with the noise of PGA2310 to meet the level of the rest of my audio path It is not real possible that so expensive chip has so big noise level ... isn't it?
Old 27th March 2006, 02:26 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Having looked at ur schematics, they seem alright to me, however, only problem regarding noise in my point of view is digital and anlogue grounds, have a look at the link this is the design that was initiated and designed by myself and another friend it was completed few weeks back and its working perfectly no noise problems for us.
I have done couple of stereo versions as well using PIC or 8051 mcu but no problem with noise ever.
I would suggest to keep digital and analogue grounds seperate thats what i do myself "always", and for 5v digital supply trafo should have an independent winding.
High End Pre Group Design Invitation

This PSU design of using single winding for +15v analogue and +5v digital is not recomended by at leat me.
Old 27th March 2006, 05:49 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

abidr ~ what mean "no problem with noise" ? The noise level I have in my system is really low, but ... it is still audible I have one question – If you switch on your audio system (volume set to max) and you place your ear 1cm from the tweeter – could you hear the noise? If the answer is ‘yes’ the noise level is to high for me I would like to have noise less system - it is possible using OPA1632 in fully balanced path.
Old 27th March 2006, 05:52 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

here is my latest revision of fully balanced regulator (one channel)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pgasym.jpg (48.9 KB, 635 views)
Old 28th March 2006, 02:30 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

well my applications were designed and program written in a way that on powerup PGAs are in mute condition, secondly with volume set to max and no input signal, there is no hiss in the tweeters.
Old 28th March 2006, 03:27 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

OK. – I made one more try I took just low noise Power supply stage MUR860->LM2941/2991+Rubycon ZL and single PGA2310. Inputs and outputs without any load – just simple supplied … and outputs I crossed to power stage input And I still have a very very low but from 1-10 cm distance from the tweeter audible noise from PGA2310. You can say it’s not important when it’s not audible from 0,5 meter distance from the speaker but … only the best possible systems are good enough So, I will try to ask directly TI guys about it – maybe exists a optimal application to minimize this noise – they should now it
Old 28th March 2006, 11:53 AM   #20
fallow is offline fallow  Finland
diyAudio Member

Are you hearing anything from speakers when PGA is at mute condition?
because it is clearly audiable, at least in my configuration, when putting your ear right next to speaker. Or is there something really wrong at my setup?

Hide this!Advertise here!