Marantz CD72 Tray issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all...

I got a bargain from ebay that arrived in the mail today, a Marantz CD72 (original, not MKII or SE) that has a Trichord Clock 2 and PSU inside - all for £20 plus postage :D

Snag is, the CDM4/19 has seen better days... the top part that clamps onto the CD was snapped (i've fixed that care of a donor Philips CD850), but the tray is VERY clunky when opening and half the time doesn't shut fully... now, I know its the gear / cog that has gone (can see it) and have a donor one in the CD850 that works perfectly...

...Snag is, i'm not sure how to get in to replace it... I can take half of the front of the transport off, but not enough to be able to take the transport fully out of the player, and am generally not too sure how to reach that geared cog to replace it...

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did search and came up with some references to that cog, but not how to install it...

Any advice or useful links will be VERY aprreciated :D

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.