Crosstalk cancellation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you looking for crosstalk cancellation, or are you looking for an inverse HRTF program? You'd need the latter to remove the full set of head effects from a binaural recording. There are some sets of public-domain HRTF data available online, though I don't have the links offhand. Seems to me that it would be straightforward to compute the inverse filters and apply them to your music.

(How many binaural recordings do you have anyway? Just curious.)

I'm not up for reading through Ph.D. theses right now. Can you give me a brief reasoning of why this is wrong? Are we both using the same definition of "binaural"? I'm assuming you mean two microphones placed on a simulated head, not a generic dual mic stereo recording arrangement. How do you subtract away the head and pinna effects (occlusion, diffraction) if you don't have an HRTF to work with?

Prune, IMHO you are wrong.

BTW an inexpensive and surprisingly good HW implementation is the Creative Playworks PS2000. Just scrap the speakers and the woofer and use real speakers and woofer in a + - 5 deg setup. And you need a quite dead room too.

It can do crosstalk cancellation based on the Dimagic (ISVR origin) technology and additional inverse HRTF processing to play back binaural recordings over the crosstalk cancelled speakers.

Marantz is also promised an ISVR research based technology (OPSODIS) for crosstalk cancellation only by next spring.

Frank

The DSP is very good, but do not expect anyting accurate from the speakers. Just use quality speakers instead of these.

Attachments

• 56532.jpg
    56532.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 219
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.