CS8420 Schematic can you double check? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th July 2002, 10:51 PM   #11
hifi is offline hifi  Sweden
diyAudio Member

it not the zip it was the computer that wasnt up to it i have drawed it in photoshop.

/micke
Attached Files
File Type: zip layout.zip (14.6 KB, 105 views)
Old 19th July 2002, 04:24 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

The extractor reports there are no files to extract. Did you have a file name extension on the file you created? Is it a Photoshop PSD file, or did you save to a jpeg?

Anyway, still no luck getting a file out.

BTW, there are some freeware/demo PCB packages that you could download- have you thought about doing that for creating your design? Then you have have a schematic with true netlisting and DRC. There's a European outfit I use for personal PCB's, they have a lot of downloads and links; plus there's the demo version of Proteous; you might find those interesting.

PCB Pool

Regards,

Jon
Old 19th July 2002, 06:47 AM   #13
Dave is offline Dave  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

The CS8420 MAY specify a maximum voltage difference between to VD and VA supply pins. You should probably check your seprate regulators can supply voltages with in this difference.
Old 19th July 2002, 10:30 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I dosent seem to be able to uppload if possible i might be able to mail it to you directly?

/micke
Old 19th July 2002, 03:14 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

You can email it to me directly; that's OK with both my email systems.

The use of seperate regulators, such as the TLV431, for the digital and analog 5V supplies hasn't been a problem for me with either the CS4390 or CS4397; I use the "high grade" versions, and 1% resistors, of course.

I also recommend using OSCON caps for the electrolytic local bypass, in addition to stacked film and ceramic for HF bypass. The best results have been with the larger MLC ceramic caps such as used for CPU VRM bypass caps; these are low impedance, low inductance, and only have price as a drawback- and they're readily available (in the states) from Digikey and others.

Regards,

Jon
Old 19th July 2002, 06:23 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

It would be nice if some administrator could clear this thread upp a bit since none of the files work. i will try a last time to uppload i have reconfigured some things in my computer.

/micke
Attached Files
File Type: zip cs8420layout.zip (30.5 KB, 131 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!