diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/46165-clock-replacement-philips-sacd1000.html)

Hercules 20th November 2004 05:52 PM

Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000
 
2 Attachment(s)
Dear All:

I just got a used Philips SACD 1000, hopefully won't dead in mystery as no more fixing available now.

I have a Precision Clock, but I'm not sure how to wire them together, and remove which capacitor, if anymore finished the clock mod on SACD1000, please give me some advise and direction.

The clock have VCC, GND and CLK 3 wire output.

http://xiamen.myweb.hinet.net/index4.files/image016.jpg

Elso Kwak 20th November 2004 10:06 PM

Re: Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Hercules
Dear All:

I just got a used Philips SACD 1000, hopefully won't dead in mystery as no more fixing available now.

I have a Precision Clock, but I'm not sure how to wire them together, and remove which capacitor, if anymore finished the clock mod on SACD1000, please give me some advise and direction.

The clock have VCC, GND and CLK 3 wire output.

http://xiamen.myweb.hinet.net/index4.files/image016.jpg

There are several clocks that can be replaced in this player and should be. Which one are you targetting?
:confused:

Hercules 21st November 2004 03:42 AM

The one shown is DAC board, as I used for Audio only, should I replace this one????

Guido Tent 21st November 2004 09:56 AM

Re: Re: Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Elso Kwak


There are several clocks that can be replaced in this player and should be. Which one are you targetting?
:confused:


Elso

There is only one converter clock. We talk about the SACD1000 here.

cheers

Elso Kwak 21st November 2004 10:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Guido Tent



Elso

There is only one converter clock. We talk about the SACD1000 here.

cheers

Guido, I know what I am talking about. I have the schematics thanks to a friendly forum member.
:hot:

Guido Tent 21st November 2004 10:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Elso Kwak

Guido, I know what I am talking about. I have the schematics thanks to a friendly forum member.
:hot:


Hi Elso,

What other clocks are present then ?

cheers

Hercules 21st November 2004 12:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Guido Tent



Hi Elso,

What other clocks are present then ?

cheers


Video clock, maybe, as 963 have 3/4 clock, one for DAC, One for upsampler, and other for video

Guido Tent 21st November 2004 07:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clock replacement for Philips SACD1000
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Hercules



Video clock, maybe, as 963 have 3/4 clock, one for DAC, One for upsampler, and other for video


Hi

I may be wrong but the loaders I've seen have a PLL running at 384 fs and putting out 27MHz, no seperate video clock.

There is no upsampler

Maybe more hardware versions are present, no clue

I only know of a 16.9344 MHz clock at the audio board (to far away from the DAC chis......)

cheers

Hercules 21st November 2004 10:17 PM

Yes, I'm looking for instruction for replacing the 16Mhz clcok on the audio board. which cap and chiip to remove, I'm not sure..

Hercules 22nd November 2004 04:44 PM

any other have experience in mod Philips SACD 1000 clock???


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2