Deglitch output of os filter ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Bernhard

I would say it's just a feature. It's there because many of the DAC's at that time didn't contain a sample & Hold circuit.

PCM58 was the first from BB with S/H as far as I remember, if you a newer DAC there is no need to use the s/h output from the SM5841

Bernhard said:

And PCM56 ?

In datasheets of those NPC os filters applications are shown using PCM58 with external sample/hold.

From the '56 datasheet: "this means that when one pcm56 is used per channel, the need for all the sample/hold and controls circuitry associated with a single dac(two-channel) design is effectively eliminated. The pcm56 is tested to meet its thd specs without the need for output deglitching."

Are the npc datasheet showing a single dac for left/right ??

btw, did you see the offers in the trading section. there's your chance to get enough '56 or '58 for your project:D

Bernhard, that is only needed in single dac for 2 channels, very old implementations.
Dac chips were expensive back then...
Tell you what, if you wanna see that working, I have a very old Telefunken CDP, with single PCM56 dac, switcher, deglitcher, all that technology, and everything in good working conditions.

Of course, such a rare piece of kit will cost you big $$$$$$$$$.:D :D :D :D

Note: you are going back much more than I expected. :D

Bernhard said:

And PCM56 ?

In datasheets of those NPC os filters applications are shown using PCM58 with external sample/hold.

The Denon 3560 also uses external s/h circuit, even though it's a PCM58 DAC's inside. They probably use the datasheet for their designs :D

Removing the s/h in the denon3560 makes no differences to the sound, I thought it would improve by removing it.

Bernhard said:
What`s the Model Nr. of the rare piece ?

I've spent two hours makin' holes on a case after dinner, don't make me go back to my basement again, I'm tired.:xeye:
Forget it, you don't wanna know, it's a very old (and cheap-looking) Telefunken CDP.
I was joking, it isn't worth $$$$.:D
Maby only for you, as it has that ancient implementation, and a PCM56? :D
Send me a Marantz CD7, I'll send you this one.
Deal?:usd:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.