Rotel 1072

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rotel RCD1072 follow-up

Gasho,

Way back you gave me advice on my Rotel 1072. I had the top off recently and looked it over again. Looks like the caps are Panasonic (M) on the output side and 50/50 qty Panasonic and Nichicon on the board. The PSU caps are those big Rotel special Caps they have made in the UK. The Opamps are BB2277 8PDIP which is a 2 channel opamp with 2 qty. so a BB0627 would need 4. Anybody have good suggestion for a very good Opamp?

You mentioned some Sanyo caps on the output in your reply. I looked your RCD over and I now have a better understanding of what you were saying. It looks like in mine there are two small Panasonic (M) output caps.

I took out the transport and installed some 1/16th inch soundcoat material on the borrom panel as well as the entire top panel and both sides. Surprising that Rotel had two small pieces above and below the transport from factory.

This is a $450 player that is so nice as is it really should be considered for some basic inexpensive upgrades.

It's only limitation is the DAC chip and I would hope that the next product whenever they mikgrate would have a better DAC.

Thanks

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.